What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Roof water marks

RCZ1

Reaction score
Thanks for that info gatt767? I need to do my roof. Noticed some marks on mine yesterday when washing it. It will be done over the next few weeks.

A

Anonymous

I don't know the usage of your car but i would recomend that after the wash you clean it with a clay bar before working it with a DA.

This will remove all contaminants from your roof. I should have done that, but the usage is quite low and its not my every day car so the amount should be low.

Some are packed with a detailer which you need to apply while rubbing it on your roof. I have the meguairs kit and it comes with a detailer, a good quality MF cloth which i leave for the final finishing touch and a good d small bottle of wax.

Some clay bars do not need a detailer and some water should work. Better to read the instructions

RCZ1

Reaction score
Yeah, my car gets clayed twice a year usually when it gets a full detail. I use the Meguiars clay but I use my CG Synthetic detailer as clay lube. It can be diluted quite considerably so a little goes a long way. I use far more lube than is necessary but I don't get any marring, which is good. I've tried some other clay bars but find the Megs one fits my needs perfectly.

A

Anonymous

with every full detail do you also use a DA to carry corrections? basically how often do you use a DA knowing that finally its taking off paint?

RCZ1

Reaction score
I've only used my DA once on the RCZ and it was mainly for polishing as there was minimal correction required.
You should always start with your least aggressive pad and polish and see what that gives you, before going up to the next pad if you still require some correction. You should always be aiming to remove the least amount of polish as possible. A PTG would be a worthwhile investment.

A

Anonymous

I asked my friend to lend me his PTM, its a digital one and i will check it out.