What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

roof rack

A

Anonymous

It has been asked before but no outcomes.
ROOF RACK solutions anyone?

there is zero availabe from peugeot and nothing in aftermarket..

the roof has no mounting points or gulleys.A clamp system would work but would need to be custom made as the width of the roof base is quite big as also the height needed to clear the bubble.
has anyone got any further.

I had a look at an inflatable soft rack and threading the luggage staps throught he cabin via the driver passenger windows, but to get the width for 2 racks the rear stap would be running right over /infront of drivers eyes..

desperate for solutions as need to get surfboards and wake boards on it.
no they dont fit over the boot either!

ideas and genius's welcome
all ideas welcome or any home made solutions found by others.......

A

Anonymous

hmmmm....this probably isn't going to help too much, but...I get the feeling the RCZ really isnt a "roof rack" kinda car, just saying.

A

Anonymous

skis, surfboards, snowboards, wakeboards- yes it is.

roof boxes for tent holidays it aint

even boxter had a roofrack aftermarket option i think for skis ect

A

Anonymous

I do wonder how they would get it over the arches, where they would secure and "clamping device" and how they would prevent damage to the arches...I'm sure the ingenious frenchie engineers are on the case!

A

Anonymous

The only thing I can think of is to make a slot in type fixture for the tow bar - like the bicysle gizmo but fabbed up by some clever local guy with a mig welder.

A

Anonymous

a colour co-ordinated jet ski would look the bees knees coupled to a removeable tow bar-standard peugeot fitting.

A

Anonymous

yes the height of the tower will need to be abit above aveage to clear the domes

looking into trying to find bespoke made solutions , if I can- including carbon fibre just for the hell of it.

the arches still make a suitable ledge at the window edge for a clamp to pull on to brace the holding tower.

trying to get these guys to sample

http://www.yakima.com/shop/racksystems/ ... f/q-towers

US only

Also may going to try to speak to Thule to frankenstein anything at all.

they also do permament solution that means drilling into the roof- not ideal.

- a roof cage coming up from a towbar could work but butt ugly, probably better a pimp trailer - still butt ugly.

where to find an engineer ......

all roof rack ideas welcome - those surf boards & water skis MUST go it.