What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

ROOF POLISHING???

A

Anonymous

Hi folks,just wondering whats the best polish etc for using on the roof? im afraid of using wrong polish and maybe fading it! please get back.. happy rcz driving!! :helpme:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Polish won't fade the roof. Polish adds shine and depending on how much "cut" your polish has, will remove marks or fill them accordingly.

Personally I would polish the roof with something that will remove the marks (like Gtechniq P1 - which you can use by hand) and then seal the roof with Gtechniq C1 or if not too confident use C2 which will give 8 months of durability and reduces the need to touch the roof.
Wash it carefully and them PAT dry, don't rub. The roof does mark remarkably easy.

A

Anonymous

Hi thanks for relpy..im not really into the gtechniq..i find it hard to get and work with,so just a normal polish will be ok on roof then you think? i use meguiars..just notice its really easy to mark roof..what do you use on roof arches?you dont know were i could get clear light bulbs for the sidelights as they look yellow to the rest of my lights which are clear..thanks for your help!

A

Anonymous

Rcz owner said:
Hi thanks for relpy..im not really into the gtechniq..i find it hard to get and work with,so just a normal polish will be ok on roof then you think? i use meguiars..just notice its really easy to mark roof..what do you use on roof arches?you dont know were i could get clear light bulbs for the sidelights as they look yellow to the rest of my lights which are clear..thanks for your help!
Were to get your bulbs is the easy part to answer http://www.RCZperformance.com however with regard to the finer points of your enquiry, I shall leave to our detailing queen (RCZ1) as she knows her stuff with regards to all such matters

A

Anonymous

I changed my indicator bulbs to rid myself of that fried egg look. I used rcz performance for them. I attach a link for mine that demonstrates the difference before and after

viewtopic.php?t=3941

RCZ1

Reaction score
Rcz owner said:

Meguiars 205 or 105 can be used by hand and I use these and give superb results. You just have to make sure that you work the polish thoroughly. Roof arches you can polish using the same but nothing too aggressive in cut and then seal the roof and arches the same way. When washing the car, wash the roof and arches first and pay dry as normal.

A

Anonymous

Any decent make of polish can be applied to the roof, just be aware that the paint finish on the roof is quite soft so care is needed, dont be aggressive.