What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Roof Arches, undecided !

dpb

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I'm at that stage where I have, after much debate (looking at the alternatives) took the decision to go for my 2nd RCZ.
I do love the car and after my Amber 156GT I just cannot bring myself to walk away !
Anyway - Im torn between 200GT & HDi but I will make my mind up on that one

I am going for the 'new' Moroccan Red and cannot decide between the Matt Black or Aluminium Colour roof arches
Might seem a bit trivial but they both look great, leaning towards the black but not seen them in the flesh so to speak.

Any thoughts ?

A

Anonymous

Black for certain. RCZ1's Moroccan red with the black arches looks absolutely stunning. I ordered black on my pearl white too.

A

Anonymous

dpb said:
Hi Guys,
I'm at that stage where I have, after much debate (looking at the alternatives) took the decision to go for my 2nd RCZ.
I do love the car and after my Amber 156GT I just cannot bring myself to walk away !
Anyway - Im torn between 200GT & HDi but I will make my mind up on that one

I am going for the 'new' Moroccan Red and cannot decide between the Matt Black or Aluminium Colour roof arches
Might seem a bit trivial but they both look great, leaning towards the black but not seen them in the flesh so to speak.

Any thoughts ?
That's what RCZ1 has. Moroccan and the Black arches and it looks the business. Have seen one with chrome and for me at least is nowhere near as good.

A

Anonymous

Of course it's a personal thing, but when I saw my (black) one side by side with a silver one the latter looked somehow dated.

A

Anonymous

You need the full black ensemble to really hit it off ie black arches, black wheels,sortilege, or better still solstice alloys, silver arches are nice on flipper blue and the grey rcz with silver coloured alloys so is the red like the one in this advert it has polished finished alloys they really suit the silver arches.

The silver arches will be easier to maintain than the black, any black painted coated car surface is always badly prone to showing up stonechips

http://www2.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... code=ucnnp

The one in autotrader is just as nice with silver arches, i think the most important thing is the alloy wheel choice when a buying a rcz

Attachments

• black arches.jpg
    black arches.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 1,044

RCZ1

Reaction score
You definitely need to go for the black roof arches on Moroccan red. That's what I have and I think it really suits the car better than the chrome ones.

The other good news is that the black arches are textured so are FAR easier to maintain than the chrome ones and thus will not be affected by stone chips. So all good news there :thumbup:

Despite what others say, you don't need black wheels. I personally don't like them do much prefer silver wheels but hey each to their own :)

A

Anonymous

K why will black arches not be prone to stonechips :wtf:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Ok wording may be wrong. The black arches will be able to withstand a ding or two I would have thought - better than the chrome arches. I had a stone chip out of the roof arches on my last Z. I think the textured ones will be more protected.

A

Anonymous

If I had your choice dpd I'd be tempted to go for black. I have silver arches on my Amber car and seem to be constantly struggling to keep them clean....to the point were I'm considering having them wrapped! :eusa-think:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
bobbythedog said:
If I had your choice dpd I'd be tempted to go for black. I have silver arches on my Amber car and seem to be constantly struggling to keep them clean....to the point were I'm considering having them wrapped! :eusa-think:

Dont copy me :p Im getting them wrapped end f next month :lol:
No I think black looks better no matter the colour of the car :)

A

Anonymous

Abzynthe said:
bobbythedog said:

Dont copy me :p Im getting them wrapped end f next month :lol:

Have you got any quotes for this as yet abz? Are you going to do the mirrors too?

A

Anonymous

Are you going for black too Abz?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Abzynthe

Reaction score
hanswuk said:
Abzynthe said:

Whilst I agree on Moroccan red I disagree on Dolphin blue.

If I had black wheels, then Dolphin blue would look good with black arches :)

dand87 said:
Have you got any quotes for this as yet abz? Are you going to do the mirrors too?

My mate has a small wrapping business, he can do it for £140 with a couple of other bits like the fog lights. I have emailed a couple of local places but they havent got back to me.

bobbythedog said:
Are you going for black too Abz?

Im thinking either Matt black or glossy carbon. Im not sure which yet :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

hanswuk said:
Abzynthe said:

Whilst I agree on Moroccan red I disagree on Dolphin blue.

Have been thinking about this and I think your right. Just tried it out on a pic. :thumbdown: for me, it's a no no.

Attachments

• peugeot-rcz-black arch.jpg
    peugeot-rcz-black arch.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 932

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Its all personal opinion. But I think it looks good with black wheels :)

I know the colour isn't exactly right, but its close.

Attachments

• dolphinblue.jpg
    dolphinblue.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 915
A

Anonymous

I wouldn't have thought Black arches would loog good on the Dolphin Blue but those two images have made me reconsider. They seem to look quite good