What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Roof Arch Scuffs

mc_lovin

Reaction score
Anyone know a way for getting rid of these marks? I'm not sure how they were caused as I've just purchased the car. Any possible tips or will it need a respray? Thanks :)

IMG_0695 Small.jpeg

jr4070

Reaction score
Unfortunately, all you can do now is apply product to keep them looking there best. The damage is caused by a combination water fluid and wind erosion. I had o e changed on mine when it was less than three years old, it has erroded again. I used to use the autoglym product, but found it wore off to quickly. I now use KIWI parade gloss black shoe polish, it has carnuba wax init and appears to last lo get than anything I have tried... Alot of owners get them re- wrapped.

RCZKam

Reaction score
Wow that’s come up really well

My ones were all dowdy and was thinking of getting them wrapped or painted so I figured it didn’t matter trying some polish I had here (Hybrid Solutions)
FDA1E7D5-1CAC-4B0D-B715-22CF93919F96.jpeg

They’ve come up top notch but may still get them wrapped/painted depending on how often it needs doing again as mentioned above

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I have chrome arches and work great and lasts for many months...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
For the best results is wash the arches first as to remove any bust or bits that could scratch the arches dry and then use the bumper gel and rub in circles no pressure is required starting at one end front or back then buff off using soft micro cloth and hay presto.... Let me know how you get on....
Les n Co

MethanolChick

Reaction score
For the best results is wash the arches first as to remove any bust or bits that could scratch the arches dry and then use the bumper gel and rub in circles no pressure is required starting at one end front or back then buff off using soft micro cloth and hay presto.... Let me know how you get on....
Les n Co
Will do, thank I appreciate the pointers 🙂

MethanolChick

Reaction score
Will do, thank I appreciate the pointers 🙂
Les n Co

apple3337

Reaction score
The plastic coated arches can be restored with heavy cut paint polish. Sounds crazy but it works and doesn't damage the plastic. Mine were worse than yours and came up great. Still looking like new 2 years on. (Car is stored under cover though).

Mandy84

Reaction score
Wow that’s come up really well

My ones were all dowdy and was thinking of getting them wrapped or painted so I figured it didn’t matter trying some polish I had here (Hybrid Solutions)
View attachment 12682

They’ve come up top notch but may still get them wrapped/painted depending on how often it needs doing again as mentioned above
Hiya, How often have you had to use?

RCZKam

Reaction score
Hiya, How often have you had to use?

Sorry for the insanely late reply :D

I only ever used it after washing the car so no real set time

Like most I ended up getting them vinyl wrapped, best thing to do with them really, wrap and forget