What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rolling road

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Has anyone else taken their car on a rolling road?

I took mine yesterday and after 3 runs, it produced a max of 156.6bhp and 477nm of torque.

Power is down on what pug advertise, but the torque was a fair bit more, as im sure it says 350nm in the specs book.

A

Anonymous

Abzynthe said:

I took mine yesterday and after 3 runs, it produced a max of 156.6bhp and 477nm of torque.

Power is down on what pug advertise, but the torque was a fair bit more, as im sure it says 350nm in the specs book.

I don't think I'd be brave enough ..... even hearing a car getting revved during an MOT makes me wince!

Abzynthe

Reaction score
donnaj1dlh said:
Abzynthe said:

I don't think I'd be brave enough ..... even hearing a car getting revved during an MOT makes me wince!

lol, I was a bit like that, but looking at some of the other cars roadworthyness, i thought mine would be ok :)

renegade79

Reaction score
Abzynthe said:

Any explanation for those figures? Is the engine modified?

Abzynthe

Reaction score
no its not modified at all. The testers were suprised at both figures as they thought it would only be about 130bhp.

renegade79

Reaction score
The torque figures are way off! I thought the HDi had 320nm but that rolling road figure is nowhere near it! Surprising result really! Anyone else got any ideas?

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Yeah, its more than the tuning chips you can get on RCZ Performance.
Im not sure why its so high, but I trust the rolling road is correct as Ive been on it before in my SW and it was spot on.

A

Anonymous

Excellent figures for a diesel! (I presume its a diesel?)

My THP 200 made 180hp and 275nm at the wheels. Add about 15% to get fly wheel kw's. So my torque was also quite a bit above what is claimed!

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Yeah it is a Diesel :)

Im chuffed with the result as I know Peugeot tend to exaggerate on BHP figures.
Torque wise, I dont really have anything similar to compare with, but I know it cant keep up with a SEAT Leon FR.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
No was those torque figures can be accurate :O Sounds crazy high!

A

Anonymous

Abzynthe said:
Yeah it is a Diesel :)

Im chuffed with the result as I know Peugeot tend to exaggerate on BHP figures.
Torque wise, I dont really have anything similar to compare with, but I know it cant keep up with a SEAT Leon FR.

Perhaps not but it looks a hundred times better than it even trying.