What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RIP RCZ

A

Anonymous

Been talking to a guy from Peugeot promotional events today he tells me no rcz models from September all models including r out of production.

A

Anonymous

All car models (ok lets not talk about Corvette or 911s) have a finite period in time... :wave:

I guess it just means bearing in mind it was always muted the Z had a limited production number that those of us who own and will own RCZs are both lucky and have displayed exceptional taste in their choice of transport! :clap:

A

Anonymous

At least in 15 years they'll be rare and collectable unlike the 10 to a penny TT's that keep coming and looking the same. So buy a cheap used R lock it away in the garage and wait for it to become a classic.

A

Anonymous

All cars have a finite lifespan, particularly glad of this with my first car. A bright orange Metro with a rather fetching spoiler (factory fitted.) Finished with a luxurious brown and beige interior. Gift from my grandad, bless him.
As other have said the rcz was only designed to be a limited production run. Could possibly make it more desirable in the future?
Never the less, I enjoy my rcz r which is practically brand new.

At the end of the day, just enjoy your car. You could be doing a lot worse.

2retro

Reaction score
I'll just say this - Literally on a daily basis I have random people telling me how nice my car is or I overhear people remarking about it to each other as they walk past the drive. I can't see this suddenly changing because Peugeot are stopping making them so I'm cool with it. :cool:

renegade79

Reaction score
AndyLanson said:
All cars have a finite lifespan, particularly glad of this with my first car. A bright orange Metro with a rather fetching spoiler (factory fitted.) Finished with a luxurious brown and beige interior. Gift from my grandad, bless him.
As other have said the rcz was only designed to be a limited production run. Could possibly make it more desirable in the future?
Never the less, I enjoy my rcz r which is practically brand new.

At the end of the day, just enjoy your car. You could be doing a lot worse.

Any pics of the metro? More importantly any of that wing?? I have visions of it being like the 6r4 rally car (i think thats what it was called :eusa-think: )

A

Anonymous

Sadly I didn't have the cash to complete with the likes of that beauty at the time. I should definitely have taken pictures for prosperity, especially after hitting a badger at 60mph. Can still remember the look of oh sh*t in its eyes right before it bounced/rolled underneath the car.
As I said my Grandad gave the car to me and I'll never forget the first time I took him out in it.
I was quite happily travelling around the dual carriageway in Cirencester coming up to a roundabout and so, applied brakes looked behind me and checked my mirrors. Upon looking back at the road in front it became somewhat apparent that the brakes on the metro were not as effective as those on my driving instructors car.
Therefore, with the roundabout etc becoming rapidly closer I slammed the brakes on full pelt and did actually manage to stop in time (just) albeit in a cloud of tire smoke.
My Grandad who had been sitting on the passenger side of the car in the back appeared to travel quite rapidly across the back seat and ended up behind myself as a driver.
Not a word was said and the drive home was fairly mundane. Never the less, he never volunteered to come out in the car with me again?

A

Anonymous

Yes, tried to upgrade mine a couple of weeks ago at Peugeot in Southend but they couldn't find me anything because production is now finished.

Just makes me realise how lucky I am to own one now...........

I will definitely be keeping mine for a few years to come :auto-car:

2retro

Reaction score
After a production period of almost six years, the last Peugeot RCZ rolled off the assembly line in our Magna Steyr Graz plant in the middle of September, thus bringing to an end the era of the “most beautiful car of the year 2009”. A huge thank-you goes out to all employees involved for their outstanding achievements during this time!

:cry:

Attachments

• the_last_of_us.jpg
    the_last_of_us.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 5,251

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So the last RCZ was a Moroccanred R how much would I love that car :eusa-think:

renegade79

Reaction score
that photo was a great find but with a touch of sheer sadness as well....... :eusa-think:

lionhart

Reaction score
The last GTline

Attachments

• 12052619_10153608396175833_5545940284864105916_o.jpg
    12052619_10153608396175833_5545940284864105916_o.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 5,200

TAC

Reaction score
Wipe the tear, baby dear, from your eye-ee

Hang on how many will be left on this forum in 5 years time

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I think I spotted the guy, second in from the right, that did my GPS aerial :wtf: