What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

reverse and elecric mirrors

A

Anonymous

Does anyone else have problems. I set the mirrors when reverse is engaged to see rear wheel and all appears to work well. Later when i select reverse and select rh or lh mirror it doesn't move to the previously selected position. Am i doing something wrong or do others suffer the same problem. Thanks

A

Anonymous

Assuming you have memory mirrors, there is no need to select lh or rh after engaging reverse, they both move to your preset position. When setting the memory, engage reverse then quickly select lh, set, then rh and set. Then they should always work. Mine do seem to forget their setting sometimes as did the memory for the seats once. I wonder if the battery spikes out now and then. French electrics lol.

A

Anonymous

Is yours a sport or a GT? Don't think the sport has these as standard.

Do as proel says for setting them ie flick the switch to the right while in reverse and then set it to where you want the mirror to be and repeat for left.

Then when selecting reverse again, flick the switch left or right depending which mirror you want to dip. Only one can dip at a time.

A

Anonymous

dand87 said:
Is yours a sport or a GT? Don't think the sport has these as standard...
True, mine's a Sport and it doesn't have this feature. Or, perhaps to be more accurate, that's true of the pre facelift version. Not sure if it's different on the current Sport specs. But all GT models should have it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

RCZash

Reaction score
Only one will dip at a time, you have to select depending on which side the kerb is.

pete.garratt

Reaction score
RCZash said:
Only one will dip at a time, you have to select depending on which side the kerb is.

Quite correct - at least it was like that on the GT200 I used to have. I presume, if you have it, they're all the same.

A

Anonymous

This was one of my favourite 'gadgets' on the RCZ given how wide it is and how big the alloys were.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the response. Mine is a pre facelift GT and it definitely has the memory mirror feature. Confuse by conflicting responses. Do I have to select l or r. Or as some have suggested if I set it up correctly both move at the same time

A

Anonymous

mines a pre facelift GT and once setup you have to select left or right on the slide switch to determine which mirror you want to dip, when i got mine i considered that small chore a pain but now its just second nature

A

Anonymous

I thought it did both at once but fiddled last night and was it does one at a time. Which seems a bit pointless really but still handy I guess.

A

Anonymous

My wife reckons she doesnt need to use the dipping mirrors :eek: i rarely let her drive the z anyway but not using the dipping mirrors when parking = no driving the z :D

stagger321

Reaction score
Sorry to reopen this old thread, but I am a new owner.

As per pete.garratt above, I also have the R and also can't seem to get this to work
I can understand why this would be an added extra for the GT over the Sport spec - i.e extra bells'n'whistles for extra dosh, but the 'R' I assumed would have have at least the same gizmos as the GT spec - if not more.

I know the electrically adjustable heated seats are not on the R as the seats are different, but I can't see why the reversing re-positioning of the mirrors does not work when all the other mirror based options do (from what I can see).

tianorth

Reaction score
At one of the rcz get togethers someone wanted to set this up.

I think it was if you have electric seats you have to record it in one of the chairs memory (the one for where the chair is setup for at the moment).

DKZ5745

Reaction score
My Mk2 GT200 has the reversing mirror function, but as previously described, you have to first set the mirrors by selecting reverse then quickly sliding the electric mirror control first to one side, then adjust the mirror to a suitable position for reversing e.g where you can see the rear wheel, then slide the switch to the other side and repeat. When you return the switch to the. Enteral position the mirrors return to your normal view.
Netxt time you select reverse, slide the mirror selector to the side you need, and the mirror at that side will go to the position you selected earlier.
This will only work one side at a time, as when you go back through the central position, the mirrors will revert back to your normal view.
There is a section in the manual that explains this feature.

:thumbup:

stagger321

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
My Mk2 GT200 has the reversing mirror function, but as previously described, you have to first set the mirrors by selecting reverse then quickly sliding the electric mirror control first to one side, then adjust the mirror to a suitable position for reversing e.g where you can see the rear wheel, then slide the switch to the other side and repeat. When you return the switch to the. Enteral position the mirrors return to your normal view.
Netxt time you select reverse, slide the mirror selector to the side you need, and the mirror at that side will go to the position you selected earlier.
This will only work one side at a time, as when you go back through the central position, the mirrors will revert back to your normal view.
There is a section in the manual that explains this feature.

:thumbup:
Yep tried this several times - as per the manuals instructions . Just won't work on my 'R'.
Odd I know.

pete.garratt

Reaction score
The R doesn't have this feature.

I believe it's linked (somehow?) with the electric & heated seats, which again, the R doesn't have.

Before I bought mine, I sought clarification from my Dealer, who also spoke to Peugeot, who also confirmed the automatic dipping upon selection of reverse function is not available on the R model.