What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rev issue.

Ledzep3711

Reaction score
Hi fellow RCZ owners.
First time on here so please be gentle with me. I've had my RCZ 2.0 SPORT for 18 months,done 142000 miles and I love it.
I had an issue with the EML coming on,and diagnostic showed either throttle body or EGR valve fault. Had the throttle body replaced and light went out then came back on intermittently. Friend suggested trying some EGR/TURBO cleaner spray which I did yesterday, spraying into the flexi between the intercooler and the throttle body in short bursts. All went well until I switched the car off and then on restarting it now won't rev over 1500rpm and an ESP light has come on. Have I broken it? Help please.

Pedro

Reaction score
Try Cat/DPF cleaner then take it for a good run get engine nice & hot may be DPF is clogged up a bit

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with Pedro DPF clogged and need to get hot and burn out all the soot. If you only do short journeys can happen a lot.. I have two Hdi RCZs and the wife only plods around in it so at weekends I take it for a good blast to stop this from happing...
But don't tell Blondie that I said she's a plodder lol 😂
All drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Pedro

Reaction score
Hi fellow RCZ owners.
First time on here so please be gentle with me. I've had my RCZ 2.0 SPORT for 18 months,done 142000 miles and I love it.
I had an issue with the EML coming on ,and diagnostic showed either throttle body or EGR valve fault. Had the throttle body replaced and light went out then came back on intermittently. Friend suggested trying some EGR/TURBO cleaner spray which I did yesterday, spraying into the flexi between the intercooler and the throttle body in short bursts. All went well until I switched the car off and then on restarting it now won't rev over 1500rpm and an ESP light has come on. Have I broken it? Help please.
You never mentioned if its a petrol or diesel & is there any codes showing up? Anyway take off the Maf & Map sensors out & clean them assuming its a petrol with brake cleaner or a similar cleaner which evaporates then refit & let them dry completely say 5 mins refit then see if it will run properly? Adding the EGR cleaner can interfere with the fuel/air ratios but will burn off eventually
If it still persists it may be the EGR valve is goosed assuming a scan shows relevant codes

turboguy

Reaction score
it has to be a diesel as its a 2.0 ;) , more than likely the EGR valve. I ended up putting a blanking plate on my last diesel car🤣

Pedro

Reaction score
it has to be a diesel as its a 2.0 ;) , more than likely the EGR valve. I ended up putting a blanking plate on my last diesel
Yep my mistake must be getting old! Regarding the blanking plate my youngest son did that on his 1st BMW Tourer & it caused a few running issues he ended up taking it out mainly due to all the sooty deposits ended up in the top end?

Pedro

Reaction score
I will be fine once everything goes Electric! ;)👌

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I think cleaning the MAF out like Pedro said is the way to go.

Danoctoman

Reaction score
To few people give DPF a good blast. Car must be run over 2000 revs for at least 20+ mins to clean it out, from what I understand.
I weekly run my Diesel up our fast A road, if I’ve been mainly driving around town that week.

If of course the DPF is the possible issue?😉

Woodso

Reaction score
For the past few years ever since the introduction of DPF filters there has been a whole new industry set up just to clean blocked filters. As per the previous note, too few people realise that it is an absolute must to give the vehicle a good run at least once a week, so that the filter can do it's job and burn off the excess soot, otherwise it will just clog up, then an expensive clean will be required. If you do only the school run or a short daily commute, then do not get a diesel vehicle.