What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Resonator Box Removal

A

Anonymous

This is a picture of the area where the start of the air intake used to be.
Here's what I did.. Removed the intake resonator and plastic box/guard thing. Added a few inches of aluminum foil tubing to extend the suction point of the air intake further to the side. I left the tube that diverts some of the air from the front grill to the intake area, so as to benefit from some added cold air flowing from the outside.

I have a bluetooth OBD device and Torque app for Android tablets.
After the change, my max intake temperatures (when car is idling) increased from 52 Celsius to 56 Celsius.
When driving, intake temperatures are at 40 C constantly, with Ambient temperature being 34 C...
Overall, it feels slightly easier to rev (but it could just be my imagination)
K&N intake was installed earlier before this change was done.
cannot really tell if this change affects performance in a good or bad way!

Tell me if I'm doing something wrong!

A

Anonymous

your box will also act as a heat shield. Even if there is ducting to the front bumper that doesnt meant that it will flow cool air from the front.

Total enclosed intakes are always better way of keeping heat down.

A

Anonymous

OMG where can I buy that????
Are you using that now lionhart?

A

Anonymous

yeah, where did you get that? i searched in google, but i cant seem to find it :p any links?

A

Anonymous

a quick search for "ymsport" and rcz" (the only 2 words i can think of due to that picture) brings this up:
http://www.ymworks.com/modcar/ymsrcz/yms_rcz.html

use google translate (japanese to english) to get it to something understandable.. haha..

unfortunately its in japan and I have no idea how to get hold of such mod pieces...

A

Anonymous

damn, japaneeeese, ill wait until europe makes something like this, wont take long i think :p