What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Request: pre-emptive engine car tips

travelswithanrcz

Reaction score
Hi guys, got my RCZ GT 200 MK1 in March this year and I can't begin to describe how much I'm loving it.

However, I have already had a wee engine scare a month or so back when the dreaded 'engine repair' needed light came on. Luckily, this turned out to just be an ignition coil, so wasn't an expensive fix, but it has got the fear into me a bit about something happening further down the line.

So, was hoping for a few replies from some more seasoned RCZ owners on here with some tips and advice on taking care of the engine in particular.

A few questions to get the ball rolling, any replies are hugely appreciated...

1. Is there a 'best fuel' to put in? I make a point of avoiding E10, but do any fuels really 'clean the engine' the way they claim?

2. What's the best oil to stick in the car, and how often should I be looking to do a full oil change?

3. My car is a 2011, but has only 28,000 miles on it - should I be thinking about getting the timing chain replaced (it hasn't been done before) or can I leave it off till around the 60,000 mile mark (a figure I'd read elsewhere)

4. If I was pre-emptively wanting to avoid carbon build up in the engine, is a walnut blast the best way to go about this?

5. Last one, if I opted for a stage 1 remap to take my RCZ up to around 238hp, should I be replacing anything else on the engine to help carry the load of the new power?

Appreciate that's a fair few questions guys, but like I said, any answers and advice are much appreciated.

Cheers, Kris

Kerr

Reaction score
Good fuels do make cars run better. I also add fuel additives on a regular basis. I find that Millers Ecomax helps. We've also got a near 100,000 mile Mini Clubman S with the same engine. It makes that run noticeably better.

I put 100ml in a full tank.

travelswithanrcz

Reaction score
I don't know much about fuel additives and tbh I wouldn't even have thought of them, so appreciate you bringing that up.