What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Replacing stereo

Kaz

Reaction score
I’m currently thinking off changing the stereo but my question is will all my electrics still work like my parking sensors and any faults that are likely to show up like low tyre pressure on my dash computer.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to the forum....
Many people have changed their radio and put in smart screen android does all the things that yours will.. But it might not if your RCZ has a built-in sat nav...
Someone I know took it to shop in York and £230 fitted including system and reverse parking camera 📸
Hope this helps you out
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Kaz

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to the forum....
Many people have changed their radio and put in smart screen android does all the things that yours will.. But it might not if your RCZ has a built-in sat nav...
Someone I know took it to shop in York and £230 fitted including system and reverse parking camera 📸
Hope this helps you out
Les n Co
Thanks for that advice yes mine has got the sat nag in but I’m not to bothered about that I was more bothered about the rest off the things eg sensors etc and air bags I met you Sunday I was with my mum.

Attachments

• 35283213-785E-416F-A079-0F5B6689030D.jpeg
    35283213-785E-416F-A079-0F5B6689030D.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 15

Pedro

Reaction score
I could do with a DAB radio but I'm not spending money just in case I decide to sell it it in the not too distant future if I'm correct someone did mention in a post about a issue with compatibility upgrading or changing the pop up screen?

Reactions: Kaz

karimali831

Reaction score
You want to get an android system with a different type of canbus called XP.
I have the same sat nav as yours and you won't be able to use it.
With the XP canbus it will show the car information on the stereo, steering wheel control, front rear parking sensors etc. Whwt it doesn’t control is the center clock but you can set the correct time by disconnecting the battery few minutes before 12 o clock at 12 clock reconnect and it will reset to 12.

Attachments

• 99A7A3A6-904F-4039-BC76-AC3E34072D89.png
    99A7A3A6-904F-4039-BC76-AC3E34072D89.png
    183.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 1FB69D9E-5200-42BF-BA5D-C9125EF5F12D.png
    1FB69D9E-5200-42BF-BA5D-C9125EF5F12D.png
    199.4 KB · Views: 31

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi kaz yes it was good to see you both at sports cars in the park on Sunday if you had talked to the lass in the black RCZ she had hers done and looked really well and she lives in kippex so she is not far away... Will ask the group about her and see if I can get phone number for her and will send you it via private message on here OK
Les n Karen n Co

Reactions: Kaz

Kaz

Reaction score
You want to get an android system with a different type of canbus called XP.
I have the same sat nav as yours and you won't be able to use it.
With the XP canbus it will show the car information on the stereo, steering wheel control, front rear parking sensors etc. Whwt it doesn’t control is the center clock but you can set the correct time by disconnecting the battery few minutes before 12 o clock at 12 clock reconnect and it will reset to 12.
Hi thanks for the information but Halfords has order the wrong one I’ve told them that I need the XP one based on your advice I can’t thank you enough because if they put the one that they ordered I most probably of lost everything