What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Replacement alloys + winter tyres for my 'R'. 235/45/R18??

stagger321

Reaction score
Hi all,

So its at that time of year again, and even though most of us in the UK have been saved the snow and ice, we are bound to be hit at some time soon.
My 'R' is still running its original Eagle F1's and they are getting to the point where I need to change the fronts .
I can do this, but I am considering buying a cheap full set of alloys and be-deck these with winter tyres (probably from tyreleader).

Two reasons:
1) the cheap alloy/winter tyre combi is probably not much more that a new Eagle F1, per corner,
and 2) when I got my car at 6 months old it already had repairs to 3 of the alloys, and the white worm has already eaten into part of the repairs. So with a spare set I can whip off the originals and get them refurbed.

The R comes with 235/40/R19 types and obviously 19" 'R' alloys.
I can get the same rolling radius with 235/45/R18 tyres.

Has anyone fitted 235/40/R18 to 'R' and issue there any fitting issues given the larger (380mm??) Front discs and callipers

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Re: Replacement alloys + winter tyres for my 'R'. 235/45/R18

I haven't heard of anyone fitting 18's to an R. I have a GT 200 and it was my understanding that 18's wouldn't fit the front on mine, so I would have thought they were too small for the R.

Joske

Reaction score
Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders

18" do fit the GT 200.

On the R to what I've heard, it should be a tight fit, but it fits. But that's just rumours. Only 1 way to find out. :-D try it, and let us know.

pete.garratt

Reaction score

Beware too of rim widths and offset. The R certainly has a larger rim width 9" as oppose to 8 1/2" on other models. The same tyres generally fit (as I had confirmed when I fitted winter tyres to my R last year). However, the width and offset needs to be considered also.

You don't want to upset the handling, nor be involved in an insurance tussle, God forbid you are involved in some incident.

When I did this I got another set of R wheels and put the same size wet tyre on those.

A

Anonymous

stagger321: i'm afraid that you won't fit 18" on R...because of 380mm discs, R has spacial shaped 19" rims cause of those front brakes...also i saw video on JP Performance channel, they tuned RCZ R and they have to build a set of brand new 20" rims with extended width cause of those brakes...so i bought brand new set of original R rims for winter alltogether with Michelin PA4 and they're great both on snow and on tarmac...

tianorth

Reaction score

See if anyone is near you who has 18" wheels who might let you try one.

A

Anonymous

18" will fit any RCZ. I run standard 19" then 18" in winter. Fantastic. I have done it with all my cars for years. I get a set of black alloys most of the time from tyreleader.

RCZ-R

Reaction score

Joske said:
I think it's a matter of trying. The RCZ racing cup runs on 18" wheels with the same Peugeot Sport Brakes.

forget it. 18" won't fit on the R. the brake calipers are too wide and too big. it is not only about the diameter of those discs. :greetings-wavingblue:

Joske

Reaction score
Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders

This is 18" wheels with the Peugeot Sport brakes. So it will fit with some 18" wheels.

A

Anonymous

Joske: but RCZ Racing Cup doesn't uses Alcon 380mm 4-piston Brakes...it uses Brembo Ø355x28mm / 6-piston callipers...that's a whole different brakes...

DanRo

Reaction score

18inch wheels will on fit on an R. That is 100% sure

A

Anonymous

RCZ-R said:
tony1968 said:
Worth looking here and getting a set of something like these for next winter, prices should drop over the summer, always the best time to buy ;)

http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/alloy-wh ... 30p//14561

those OZ looking sweet :beer:

It didnt take long to get my winter tyres and alloys through from them, really quick and very impressive service :D

RCZ-R

Reaction score

pics of those OZ on your R are highly welcome :greetings-wavingblue: