What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Replace Headunit with JBL

Nobody-2003

Reaction score
Hello, my mother has a Peugeot RCZ 2012. This had the RD4 radio with JBL. After an Android radio was installed, which did not work well, we installed a Kenwood DMX-8020DABS. A can adapter was also added. This is how the PDC (front and rear) and the BC work. Unfortunately, I only go after finishing that a JBL is installed. So there is no sound. Is there a way to easily remove the AMP and bridge or replace it? She has no claims to the sound quality.

Nobody-2003

Reaction score
It is finished. Peugeot RCZ BJ 2012 with standard radio without Navi and JBL Sound System.

Conversion of a Kenwood 2-DIN device with DAB+, Apple CarPlay, Android Audio, ... with original speakers, on-board computer, front and rear parking warning system and steering wheel remote control.

Parts used/required:
Radio adapter: https://amzn.to/3Omib2n

USB adapter cable: USB-Adapter geeignet für Citroen DS3 Bj. ab 2010 | Peugeot alle Modelle mit USB: Amazon.de: Elektronik & Foto

CAN adapter (SWC, PDC front & rear): für Peugeot RCZ Auto Radio Adapter Lenkrad Adapter + PDC vorne und hinten | eBay

Antenna adapter: für PEUGEOT RCZ 607 807 doppel Fakra Antennen Adapter UKW DAB+ Antennen Splitter | eBay

Crossovers: https://amzn.to/44DpZm0

Your choice of radio, ideally with a connection to the steering wheel remote control. In my case Kenwood DMX-8020DABS.

Loudspeaker cable (from radio to trunk rear right)

Pins for the Quadlock connector

Regarding installation, only 2 speaker cables have to be pulled from the radio to the trunk for the rear speakers. These are pinned into the Quadlock connector.

The amplifier has 3 plugs. Black, blue, white. Blue and white are 4 speakers each left and right. Access from the radio (front speakers) is black.

From the black plug it goes to two switches (front left and right) and from the two new cables also to two switches (left and right).

From the switches it then goes to the loudspeakers (blue and white plugs).

The USB adapter listed above is only required if you want to keep the original USB socket in the center armrest.

Do not be surprised, since the radio is not yet installed. I only do that when the adapter plugs are installed in the trunk and everything works.