What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Removing interior light / console

D

Deleted User

Hi all,

How easy is it to remove the interior lights... and also the console it goes into?

Is it just a clip out job for the lights and screws for the housing?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ian B

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
On the roof?
The lens unclips, it is VERY difficult to get out.
The footwell, boot and door lights are easy.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Kash2001

Reaction score
Sorry to drag this one up, but the surround around the bulbs the silver bit, how does that come out? Does it pop off or is it unscrewed from the roof 🙄

Atb

lfe

Reaction score
On the courtesy light, you insert a hard plastic wedge into the front side, separate it and tilt the entire device, the device has springs on the front side that keep it up.

The whole device is removed, the connectors are disconnected and then with a very fine screwdriver you loosen the hooks of the lens to separate it from the silver part and be able to access the bulbs.

I use this tools:

Kash2001

Reaction score
That's great thank you so much for the info, I have similar edging tools. I'll give it a try once the new unit arrives, hopefully it'll just pop out when levered from the back edge 🤞

Thank you for the time in let me know.

Atb

Kash2001

Reaction score
Wow I tried to remove the interior light casing, Blimey it's difficult I'd noticed in the 2nd hand bought was damaged in the lug holes, being slightly twisted.

I assume they pushed a screwdriver up though the hole to unlatch the clips, bending the facia.

I tried putting the curved edger at the front where the clips are to dislodge the light, but it just won't drop.

Do I have to insert two probes at the same time to dislodge the clips from there hooked mounting? As levering just doesn't unclip the facia.

Is there a YouTube video on the removal as theres one on the bulb replacement etc, but not found one on the fitment removal.

Many thanks for any further advice on this.

Atb

lfe

Reaction score
I also had a hard time getting it out, one of the springs instead of compressing to allow it to come out, it bent upwards and I had to apply quite force.

But at first it can really be difficult to get it to separate a bit from the front, I seem to remember that I also used a suction cup to help.

Kash2001

Reaction score
Yes got mine out finally! Blimey what a struggle, I used several screen levers, mine are metal ones and with 3 levering at different points finally popped out.

Interestingly the new one was a slightly different shape on the inserts and went back in easily. So if needed shouldn't be a problem in the future 🤞

Thank you all for your support and help with this 👍🙏

Reactions: lfe