What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Removing front and rear bumpers - assistance offered

Bad Dog

Reaction score
Hello All

I have just completed work on my RCZ (2012 plate THP 156 Mk1) - it involved removal of both front and rear bumpers. All gone back together well and included the following work:

1. Removal of front bumper
2. Plastic welding of some broken bodywork on the front bottom sump cover
3. Repair of the top headlight lugs (they are plastic and prone to breakage meaning that your headlights will 'bounce' as you drive if not fixed)
3. Diagnosis of radiator fan and fan controller
4. Removal of rear bumper
5. Plastic welding of a broken rear flange on the bumper (to pull the wheel arch back in) - it had been hit to the rear left wheel arch and split the plastic flange that provides the fixing points to pull in the back arch

I have learned lots whilst doing this work - which glues works best on the bumpers/lights etc - how best to plastic weld components etc

If anyone out there needs help doing any of these jobs please let me know and I can share my experience - there are some key things to look out for and perhaps I can save you some time/effort and potential errors.

Best wishes

Bad Dog

Goatz

Reaction score
Perhaps the headlight bounce is what is causing a wobbling sound I am getting when driving slow on bumpy roads...
I already spent a ton changing strut mounts and sway bars to no avail.
my RCZ did have some minor front damage and I noticed something odd about the headlights on one side.
Any help you can provide on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated!!!
also, I have tried to get the front bumper off a few times, I get to the point where you push in the plastic tabs with a flat head screwdriver and the bumper hangs off, but for some reason it still seemed to be held on somewhere. How did you manage to get the front bumper fully off?
thanks!

Pedro

Reaction score
Mine was bust on the passenger side I glued it back with a thick glob of Araldite its now solid as a rock providing a rock doesn't smash it ?🙄

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello All

I have just completed work on my RCZ (2012 plate THP 156 Mk1) - it involved removal of both front and rear bumpers. All gone back together well and included the following work:

3. Repair of the top headlight lugs (they are plastic and prone to breakage meaning that your headlights will 'bounce' as you drive if not fixed)
5. Plastic welding of a broken rear flange on the bumper (to pull the wheel arch back in) - it had been hit to the rear left wheel arch and split the plastic flange that provides the fixing points to pull in the back arch

I have learned lots whilst doing this work - which glues works best on the bumpers/lights etc - how best to plastic weld components etc

If anyone out there needs help doing any of these jobs please let me know and I can share my experience - there are some key things to look out for and perhaps I can save you some time/effort and potential errors.

Best wishes

Bad Dog
Great thanks for sharing that maybe if you have the time do a series of how to posts so they’re there for future owners to see 👍

Bad Dog

Reaction score
Perhaps the headlight bounce is what is causing a wobbling sound I am getting when driving slow on bumpy roads...
I already spent a ton changing strut mounts and sway bars to no avail.
my RCZ did have some minor front damage and I noticed something odd about the headlights on one side.
Any help you can provide on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated!!!
also, I have tried to get the front bumper off a few times, I get to the point where you push in the plastic tabs with a flat head screwdriver and the bumper hangs off, but for some reason it still seemed to be held on somewhere. How did you manage to get the front bumper fully off?
thanks!
Hi Goatz
When you get to the point of having taken off all the bolts, screws and push pins you are left with only the 3 tabs to release it gets tricky. Try as I might I could not get the tabs to push down and forward to release the bumper. Took me 3 days.
I have a pre facelift model - so the one with a Peugeot lion on the front bumper within a black surround.

I sprayed the tabs with WD40 and tried to work it in under the black front surround under which the tabs sit.

Then took a hairdryer to gently warm the plastic front where the tabs where - both the black plastic and the bumper tabs.

Then I gently 'massaged' the bumper trim that comes out from the tabs and from the front bumper. Every now and again I got hold of the front plastic grill and pulled forward - then back to the top in front of the 3 tabs and 'wiggled' the whole front of the bumper.

You have to be very patient but gradually the tabs started to move forward (once I had pushed them down with a screwdriver) - I found that I did not have to constantly keep pressure on the little squares where the screwdriver pushed down.

Then after gently wiggling of the front the whole bumper dropped forward off the car.

There is no screw or other attachment holding the bumper on through the Peugeot emblem on the front of the bumper - I have seen people say there is - but there isn't.

Give this a try and let me know how you get on.

Access to the headlight lugs can be made only when the bumper is off (well at least two of the lower lugs). I will then help you with the headlight lugs.

Best wishes
Bad Dog

ps. if you are still struggling I will take some photos tomorrow to help you - may even post a video

GruffLion

Reaction score
Do you have any tips for removing the rear bumper? Following a rubbish day today I need to replace mine... what a plonker I can be sometimes.

Sulliwyc

Reaction score
Hello All

Best wishes

Bad Dog

I need to remove the rear bumper of my rcz r to replace a parking sensor. I have seen youtube videos for removing the rear lights and bumper. Did you experience any problems with the procedure for doing this job.
Regards
Geoff

Sulliwyc

Reaction score
I need to remove the rear bumper of my rcz r to replace a parking sensor. I have seen youtube videos for removing the rear lights and bumper. Did you experience any problems with the procedure for doing this job.
Regards
Geoff