What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Remapping

Evan

Reaction score
Hello! I'm thinking for a while now for remapping but I don't know if I really want to do it, what you opinion and do you suggest any shop? I'm living in Derbyshire by the way.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
So I were happy with my 156 performance wise and didn’t want to risk spoiling a great car, a very good mate of mine who’s a top Mazda technician badgered me to let him remap it and to be honest I probably wouldn’t have let anyone else touch it, but Am I glad I did! the car is totally transformed such an improvement everywhere and better fuel economy too definitely get it done you won’t regret it.

Evan

Reaction score
For how long you car is remapped? And generally do you have any issues from that? I don't know if might create any issue on the car, and also can I reverse it to the stock map if I want? Thank you!!

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
yes you can always return to stock

don't be afraid, just go for it and you will never regret it

Evan

Reaction score
Το πρόβλημα είναι αδερφέ ότι δεν ξέρω κανέναν εδώ πάνω που να μπορώ να εμπιστευτώ. Καλημέρα από Αγγλία!

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Check on the forum for recommendations for trustworthy garages near you that can remap your car as you require. There have been recent threads/posts regarding this subject.

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
μιλα με etuners αποτι ξερω συνεργαζονται με Αγγλια

i will agree with DKZ5745

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
For how long you car is remapped? And generally do you have any issues from that? I don't know if might create any issue on the car, and also can I reverse it to the stock map if I want? Thank you!!
My car has been running the same map for around 3 years now with no issues at all a stage 1 map is safe no problem it’s when you start pushing further

Evan

Reaction score
Thank you very much! I will start digging in the forum for the best possible garage.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Happy hunting and let us all know what your outcome is....
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Pedro

Reaction score
The only negative side is if you have to take it to a dealer they wipe off the remap from the ECU & reinstall the original programs 😑

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
The only negative side is if you have to take it to a dealer they wipe off the remap from the ECU & reinstall the original programs 😑
Yes that’s right I have a recall for the turbo coolant pump software upgrade but this would wipe my remap so I’ve told them to leave it as the car is running fine.

Evan

Reaction score
So, after a lot of searching found some "positive" comments about Celtic tuning, I will continue with that and call them tomorrow to ask all the questions that I have. Is anyone know anything about this company?

Nemi

Reaction score

I just kindly ask them not to update my ECU and they leave it as is :rolleyes:

Pedro

Reaction score
If its just a general service then they probably would but if they have to get into the ECU for a code scan or to change a parameter they will reinstall the Original Peugeot program because their diagnostic system won't recognise the updated software installed on the car & they just wipe it clean & say they had to do that to carry out the work needed & complete the job !
I read somewhere that a RCZ owner had inquired at his local Peugeot dealer if he could remap his 200 GT without affecting the warranty to which the reply was as long as its not above the extra 30 bhp on the remap & as I have not checked this myself I cannot verify they actually said this to a customer but in theory they could be leaving themselves wide open to claim issues if anything goes wrong whilst they are working on the car

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes if they can get out of doing anything under warranty then they will and if its been remapped they will turn round and say warranty is invalid....
Les n Co

Pedro

Reaction score
Yes if they can get out of doing anything under warranty then they will and if its been remapped they will turn round and say warranty is invalid....
Les n Co
Yes that's about right 👍