What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Recolouring Roof Arches

A

Anonymous

Can anyone give me information on the way forward, in getting the Chromed Pillar Arches recoloured?
I am interested in getting my pillars recoloured in a Satin Black, therefore I accept that a Good Paint shop will have to be involved, but I am unsure if the Arches would have to be removed, or could they be done in-situ.
I have no idea on the process, and would welcome any comments on this procedure. Anyone out there had this type of work carried out !

Mal

A

Anonymous

Hi there, your best bet would be to get them wrapped, they can do any colour you like and don't have to remove the arches. Quicker and cheaper than painting and you get the exact same results, best thing thou is if you get board with the finish or the colour, simply peel off and redo ;)

A

Anonymous

I don't think i would recommend having them sprayed and would echo Starky's suggestion!

A

Anonymous

Go for Wrapped! I had mine taken off for a windscreen. Pain in the bum!

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Ditto...get them wrapped, and if you do not like it you can remove it or change it :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Has anybody seen a roof in brushed alloy to match the arches?

A

Anonymous

A great paint finish beats a wrap anyday i dont see peugeot or any garage doing the all black stealth rcz with a pvc wrap but i am sure these can be done in situ as the rubber housing can be easily taped off having them painted will give them a lustre no wrap could and they would also polish and wax/ bead better than a wrap. the newer rcz rcz has satin arches they aint wrapped :crazy:

A

Anonymous

Thanks everyone for your positive responses to my plea.
Have you any details reference, where I can get more info to have this 'Wrap' costed/fitted etc ! Any likelihood that I may be able to find a Firm in or around S wales ?

Mal

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
MEvans said:
Have you any details reference, where I can get more info to have this 'Wrap' costed/fitted etc !

Mal

Check out Totally Dynamics, they did my wrap. They have multiple locations.

A

Anonymous

Yup totally recommend Total Dynamics they carbon wrapped my roof. Arches I reckon around the £150 mark

A

Anonymous

Why why why would anyone want to colour anything on their car these shades?!?! They should be arrested for criminally bad taste!!

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Why why why would anyone want to colour anything on their car these shades?!?! They should be arrested for criminally bad taste!!

Lol.. Have you watched the videos of the cars he does ... Shocking :wtf:

Although I bet we both know someone who would love this...... Mr Barton :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

Mikeyuk said:
mrizzle said:

Lol.. Have you watched the videos of the cars he does ... Shocking :wtf:

I did, indeed, watch the videos. the chap in them seemed disconcertingly enthusiastic and excited by the horrific nature of the colours on display! You can't buy taste!!

Although I bet we both know someone who would love this...... Mr Barton :eusa-whistle:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Scott barton said:
Not this time!

Come on Scott you know you would ..... Anyone who wants to know how to disable the hazard warning lights when they break hard must be a right boy racer .... This must be right down your street :lol:

A

Anonymous

Mikeyuk said:
Scott barton said:
Not this time!

Come on Scott you know you would ..... Anyone who wants to know how to disable the hazard warning lights when they break hard must be a right boy racer .... This must be right down your street :lol:
what can I say I'm a split personality Gemini . I like the classic standard look. And the specked up versions. But I drive the standard one. I think my break / hazards are just a bit too eager!.
My last 3 cars were all new and not really not racer cars - A6 diesel, 5 series diesel and a Cooper S .

A

Anonymous

MEvans said:
Have you any details reference, where I can get more info to have this 'Wrap' costed/fitted etc ! Any likelihood that I may be able to find a Firm in or around S wales ?

Mal
Well, taking the plunge..................My Z is booked in next week to have the Roof Arches wrapped in carbon Fibre Vinyl. Whats the opinion on having the wing mirrors done at the same time in the same material ......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Mal