What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Reasonable priced exhaust?

RCZwonderboy

Reaction score
So I want a bit more sound from the exhaust more sporty tone, I looked around and some of the prices for the exhausts are pretty steep,

I’m not going for a full system I’m not chucking over a thousand pounds on it. But a cat bac would be decent or even if the back box alone can do the job.
Anyone fitted a good sounding cat bac or back box that was reasonably priced that has a better sound than original ?
Thanks

Dion

Reaction score
Hi I had a stainless steel back box fitted on my 1.6 rcz gt petrol ll plate last week at Black Country exhaust dudley £150 sounds wicked

Pedro

Reaction score
Tony Banks fitted the LOUD quad on mine (200) & that was on offer on ebay £450 all in & the rest as they say is monetary history

RCZwonderboy

Reaction score
Yeah I’ve had a good look around and there isn’t much choice unless going for a full system.
Any videos on how the exhausts sound ?? 😁

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I had an Ulter sport on my RCZ. It sounded fine, and fitted ok, was only mild steel though. I painted it with bbq paint for extra protection.

I currently have a secondary cat back non resonated Milltek on my GT86 and the quality is superb.

Pedro

Reaction score
Yeah I’ve had a good look around and there isn’t much choice unless going for a full system.
Any videos on how the exhausts sound ?? 😁
Youtube had some I think one actually showed an exhaust from Banksy (Not the Artist!) :)

Fluke

Reaction score
I just had the quad Ulter sport on mine looks great, but no real change in the exhaust note. It was brand new and cost me £260 from eBay Off someone who had changed their mind about fitting it, balances out the rear end.👍

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
You can get a better sound by doing a centre resonator delete, but personally I went for cat back quad custom made £500 which I think is a bargain!

K50 AOS

Reaction score
Screenshot_20210708-233137.png
You can get a better sound by doing a centre resonator delete, but personally I went for cat back quad custom made £500 which I think is a bargain!
Can't make up my bloody mind lol honestly think the 911 style suits a lil more to the car asthetics
Help lol which 1 to go for here ??
I Can't make up my bloody mind honestly thinking the 911 style suits the RCZs aesthetics alot more , rather than the plain TT style from old as that reminds me of tuned MK1s from the early days ....

RCZwonderboy

Reaction score
I went off the idea for a while, but recently just thought I’m gona go for the mid resonator delete it makes a nice enough sound and isn’t too expensive take it to a custom made exhaust shop they do it for a fair price £70 mines gona cost I thought about a cat back system as well but that was £450 plus vat so I was like nah I’ve spent a fortune on cars over the years I’m not going back down that road.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 11675

Can't make up my bloody mind lol honestly think the 911 style suits a lil more to the car asthetics

Help lol which 1 to go for here ??
I Can't make up my bloody mind honestly thinking the 911 style suits the RCZs aesthetics alot more , rather than the plain TT style from old as that reminds me of tuned MK1s from the early days ....
The ovals look better and match the lines of the car better