What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rear windscreen defroster grid peeling off

hgeav

Reaction score
Hello,

Recently looked at an RCZ. But, the defroster / heating element on the rear windscreen had started to peel off quite badly.

Not sure if it was the actual heating element that was peeling off or some sort of coating on top.

Has anyone experienced this before? Wondering if it's possible to just repair the defroster grid or if the whole rear windscreen would need replacing. I've had quotes to replace the rear windscreen.. £1,000

Any and all advice welcome, first time looking at buying an RCZ. Thanks :)

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

Recently looked at an RCZ. But, the defroster / heating element on the rear windscreen had started to peel off quite badly.

Not sure if it was the actual heating element that was peeling off or some sort of coating on top.

Has anyone experienced this before? Wondering if it's possible to just repair the defroster grid or if the whole rear windscreen would need replacing. I've had quotes to replace the rear windscreen.. £1,000

Any and all advice welcome, first time looking at buying an RCZ. Thanks :)
Not heard of that one before, could it have been someone’s attempt at tinting the rest window??

2retro

Reaction score
The heated bits are inside the glass so it's definitely not that...

Hatman

Reaction score
That’s cheap to replace the rear window. I heard that they can cost 3.3K many years ago.