What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rear spoiler

DKZ5745

Reaction score
You can’t see the rear spoiler rising from the drivers seat.

1. Drive past someone at over 55 mph.
Or
2. Get someone to follow you at over 55 mph.
Or
3. Tear some paper into small (confetti) sized pieces. Manually raise the spoiler, put the paper under the spoiler, manually lower the spoiler. Go for a drive at over 55 mph then check under the spoiler when you get back. Paper gone, spoiler working.
Or
4. Go for a drive at over 98 mph (somewhere legal of course) have a look in the rear view mirror, you should be able to see the spoiler at its stage 2 position.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
If you can't do this then put your phone on video mode set up in the rear window and off you go

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
OR
Tape a matchbox or similar light object to the topof the spoiler which you can see in the mirror.

OR, like me - don't give a bu99er if it does or not, as am not convinced it does more than be a poser!

Pedro

Reaction score
OR
Tape a matchbox or similar light object to the topof the spoiler which you can see in the mirror.

OR, like me - don't give a bu99er if it does or not, as am not convinced it does more than be a poser!
When Porche fitted the Spoiler to their variants the CEO was asked at the Launches what benefits will the new concept give to the cars Handling & performance & his reply was "None it only enhances the cars body styling but serves no real purpose?" :confused:

Pauls7777

Reaction score
I'm a newbie and we are known for doing weird things like reading the handbook..... My understanding is there are two rasied positions
for the spoiler -50mph and 95mph?

So would someone in Germany carrying out this test at at 153 kph be able to see the spoiler in it fully elevated position?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I'm a newbie and we are known for doing weird things like reading the handbook..... My understanding is there are two rasied positions
for the spoiler -50mph and 95mph?

So would someone in Germany carrying out this test at at 153 kph be able to see the spoiler in it fully elevated position?
As in my post #2 above, if you go over 95mph you will see the spoiler through the rear view mirror at its stage 2 deployment position. You can mimic this position using the manual switch, so you can try it to see what it looks like.