What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rear spoiler not activating

Andsum1

Reaction score
Hi
When travelling on the motorway reaching 50 mph I noticed that my rear spoiler did not activate as I thought it should ,it works by the button on the centre console ,
Any thoughts
Thanks
Andy

2retro

Reaction score
The active spoiler has 2 stages. Stage 1 activates at 50ish and stage 2 at 90ish. You cannot see stage one in the rear view mirror though, that's most likely why you thought it wasn't working. :thumbup:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Your spoiler will be working.

When you activate the spoiler manually using the button, it raises to its highest level (normally over 98 mph for automatic activation). At this height it can be seen through the rear view mirror from the drivers seat.

When it activates at 55mph automatically, it only rises to its lowest position which cannot be seen through the rear view mirror.

Either drive past someone at over 55mph and get them to tell you if it was raised, get someone to follow you in another car, or,

tear some paper into small pieces (confetti size) raise the spoiler using the button while parked, put the paper under the spoiler (when it’s dry) then lower the spoiler with the button. Take a drive over 55 mph park up, raise the spoiler & see if the paper has gone. If so, it’s working.

Puck222

Reaction score
Hi. I used to notice it working correctly when I first got the car. After 1 year, it no longer works. I did the passenger test as well to check that it wasn't working.
I've had the dealer look at mine - twice - can't find any error warnings.
It still doesn't work.

Pedro

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this Forum I have the 200 BHP GT version & the spoiler on mine has never worked Automatically & it appears that this is possibly down to a generic problem as per most of the complaints from others RCZ owners across the web

MagnaSteyr

Reaction score
Hi. I used to notice it working correctly when I first got the car. After 1 year, it no longer works. I did the passenger test as well to check that it wasn't working.
I've had the dealer look at mine - twice - can't find any error warnings.
It still doesn't work.
Hi Puck222, I notice you're in Sydney so I'm interested that you've mentioned your spoiler "used to work".

To the best of my knowledge no Australian delivered RCZ had automated spoiler activation.
This feature was unfortunately switched off for the Aussie market for reasons I've never been able to ascertain from Peugeot Australia.
Ironically the electronic speed activation still sends a signal to the spoiler motors to lift and you can sometimes actually hear this in the form of a groan at the rear (if the mechanism hasn't been oiled which you should do) when you reach 60klm/hr and 90klm/hr or fall back to those speeds ..... but on Australian delivered RCZ's the spoiler itself does not lift.

This has to be done manually using the centre console switch.
I've owned 6 RCZ's and still have 3 and they all function this way.
In Europe I understand they were all fully automated.

So the fact that "it still doesn't work" meaning it doesn't lift automatically is apparently normal for Australian delivered RCZ's.

Pedro

Reaction score
Mine's never worked on Auto it works OK on manual?

theseannery

Reaction score
Also, make sure the joints are well lubricated. When I first bought my RCZ I spent alot of time looking in the rear mirror to see the spoiler, but now, if driving at a fair click I just use the manual button anyway.

Neville

Reaction score
I had 2 Australian RCZ 200 THP from new and both had the automatic spoiler raising operational. A 2010 model and a 2012 both series 1.
On my second R so always up!

MagnaSteyr

Reaction score
That's a fascinating insight Neville ... the mystery deepens ... It almost appears as though the spoiler function was random ... you either got one where it operated automatically or you didn't ... I'll have to speak with my contacts at Peugeot about this and get to the bottom of what happened with Australian delivered cars :)