What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rear Spoiler Issues Still

TRCZ

Reaction score
Hi guys, quick question, if the battery isn't fully charged would that stop the rear spoiler working? I've now changed the switch and the motor and it still doesn't work. When I first got the car it worked, then it stopped, and it hasn't worked since. It's annoying me now because I can't see anything obvious.

When I put the scanner on it, it shows a code that I can't reset, but the code just says 'See your handbook', which is less than helpful.

One thing I do see is that if I unplug the motor the scanner picks up that its disconnected and throws an error saying that.

Anyone any thoughts?

Thanks
Trev.

Petrus Doyle

Reaction score
My 156 spoiler never popped up at a certain speed 50mph I think in handbook but will come up if I hit the spoiler raise button by the handbrake. To think of it raising and lowering automatically does not seem a good idea anyway, if I am making a fast roads ie. a motorway trip I pop it up for that duration then drop it on arrival.

Kenneth

Reaction score
My 156 spoiler never popped up at a certain speed 50mph I think in handbook but will come up if I hit the spoiler raise button by the handbrake. To think of it raising and lowering automatically does not seem a good idea anyway, if I am making a fast roads ie. a motorway trip I pop it up for that duration then drop it on arrival.
It probably does come up automatically. But it’s not fully up automatically until you’re doing over 90mph. You won’t see it through the back glass until it’s fully up. You’d need to get a mate to follow you to check.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Think the best way to know if it's working is put some confetti 🎊 in and take car for a spin and when you get back or stop see if it is still there

lfe

Reaction score
I once put my phone on the rear window and made a video, I saw how it rose and fell again depending on the speed.