What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rear seat latch not working

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

I recently bought a second hand RCZ. I'm loving the car but having one little niggle which I wonder if anyone else has seen.

I've folded the rear seats down twice. On the first time it all worked fine, pulled the red lever and the seats released, pushed the seats back up and they latched into place. The second time however the seats went down fine but when I put the back up I couldn't get the latch to catch them.
Looking inside the latch there seems to be a bit of metal rod/wire which has come down and is now getting in the way of the metal 'loop' getting into the latch. I've tried bending it out of the way but it's quite springy. I actually wonder if it's supposed to be part of a spring arrangement which has broken?
Does this ring any bells with anyone? It 's a little tricky to describe so I'll try to post a photo later on.
It looks like it might need to go into the garage but I thought I'd see if anyone has seen this before incase there is an easy fix?

Cheers,

Mike

A

Anonymous

Here's the photo. The wire/rod can be seen towards the left of the latch. Any ideas what this is or where it should be?

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 742