What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rear RCZ 'seats'

A

Anonymous

I had to make use of the back seats for the first time today, and i must say.....what a squeeze! My 5'10 tall girlfriend wedged herself behind 6'2 me, which meant I was curled over the steering wheel as I could put my seat very far back! My elderly mother was sat in the passenger seat and she struggled to get in and out too! I am not complaining it was just very amusing, and I can confirm that they are definately 'occasional'! Glad it was only a 5 mile return trip! Our entry and exit from the glamourous vehicle was very far from glamourous!

A

Anonymous

We did manage to squeeze our sales team into our first demo, purely to know if it could be done!

That'll be

6ft 1 20st
6ft 19st
5ft 10 14st
5ft 9 15st

A

Anonymous

Haha! Well done! Are they still in there or did you manage to get them back out?!

A

Anonymous

I sat in the back at the end of the test drive. I' 6'2" and I could have managed (if the person in the front seat was an amputee) for a short period. I'll test it out properly tonight as meeting a couple of friends and they'll probably want a drive. They're both below 5'6" so should be okay in the passenger seat and directly behind.

I once got 3 large blokes in a 206cc with the roof down. It rather amused a little old lady to watch us extricating ourselves.

A

Anonymous

My 82 year old Mum finds it far easier getting in and out of my RCZ compared to my previous Celica GT! Are there really back seats in the RCZ- wonder what they are for?? :lol:

A

Anonymous

My 92 year old aunt sat in the demo model and found it much easier to get out of the passenger seat than my Hyundai coupe on which I have to put a booster cushion. As for the back, I'll only have the VERY occasional back seater and as I'm a 5'2" midget they can sit behind ME :lol:

A

Anonymous

:greetings-wavingblue:
I decided that as my daughter is 4 and I will have it for 3.5 years I should get one now. Beyond that I doubt she would want to or could fit!
:dance:

A

Anonymous

Thanks to BangorRCZ for Hyundai comparison - my poor ole Mum (80 with arthritis everywhere) loves the look of my RCZ but has refused to get in ('in case I get stuck'!) because she thinks it looks lower than my old Hyundai coupe - now I may be able to persuade her to try!

Thanks
Mari

A

Anonymous

Both my wife (5' 7'') and I (6') have used the back seat on a couple of (short) journeys - mainly to see if we could.

It was definitely a squeeze, and I found the headroom an issue, but at least doable for emergencies. The main selling point for me on the back seats was the fact that our son fits in the back (so we can use the car as a family for holidays, etc.).

FGRob

Reaction score
Brooktop said:
RCZ White said:
:greetings-wavingblue:
I decided that as my daughter is 4 and I will have it for 3.5 years I should get one now. Beyond that I doubt she would want to or could fit!
:dance:

That was my thinking too...however, I've come up with a solution: who-says-the-rcz-good-for-passengers-t566.html
I take it you are going to use the 4 tie downs or better still the cargo net to hold them in place :thumbup: :lol: :shock:

My wife tried to get in the back - she managed it - but she couldn't get out :shock: :shock: I was thinking I might have to un-bolt the seats to get her out, she got her head and backside stuck - not a pretty site, a bite like a rock and a hard place :shock: :thumbdown: :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle: :lol: :lol:

On a more serious note, how well do the front seats move on the sport, with the GT being electric, when you tilt the front seat it does not slide forward so you have to use the switch (passenger side) so with no memory it's a bit of a pain to get it back.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

Listening to all these comments, has left me confused ! 1 I was given to understand that behind the Driving/Passenger seats was a fashionable leather clad Book shelf, and am using it as this . Also, I have been told me that the Picnic table fitted to the Boot lid is not what I thought, there was some notion it had something to do with Stability at high speed..........................Oo hell I am thinking that I may have bought something Automotive and not the items of furniture I was expecting.

Anything for a laugh Folks.

A

Anonymous

FGRob said:
Brooktop said:
RCZ White said:
:

On a more serious note, how well do the front seats move on the sport, with the GT being electric, when you tilt the front seat it does not slide forward so you have to use the switch (passenger side) so with no memory it's a bit of a pain to get it back.

Rob.

The seats on the sports model allow a bit more room to get in the back as you can tilt seat forward and also move the seat forward. Essential for our 2 children and their car seats (rear facing and forward facing)

A

Anonymous

Despite my photo, when I have my 1 year old in (the seat - not the boot), it's really tight. I take her shoes off (the plastic seat back is a nice touch, but I still don't want the scuff marks), slide the chair fully forward and tilt the seat to (more than) vertical. At first, she used to cry but has now got used to it...although she looks with panic as I put the seat upright again.

My slight concern is that the baby seat is totally loose (haven't got an Isofix seat) which is a bit disconcerting - although I assume it will lock in the event of an impact.

My 4 year old hasn't actually been in yet, but I think that may actually be less of an issue as she can just have a booster seat and bend her knees.