What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RD4 too NG4 conversion

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Yeah, in summer its not a problem with the aircon and having the sat nav there, but in winter when you havw the heat on, just close those two vents :)

Ive had tthat message a couple of tines when Ive forgotten lol

Brolly

Reaction score
diggerd said:
well it looks as if you can now change your RD4's to a Peugeot Sat nav ! video also shows how to remove the trims!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Interface-evo ... 27e5dfbd46

Diggerd

I have ordered a harness from the link above, they are made to order and they need chassis number to get specifications correct.
Takes 10_15 days to manafacure and dispatch.
(Now sat twiddling thumbs waiting for it to arrive so I can get started) :sleeping-yellow:

Bear this in mind when placing your order

A

Anonymous

Did you have to order it in French...?

câblage pour ma Peugeot voiture

Brolly

Reaction score
Pas que j'ai commande en anglais, vient d'ecrire en lettres majuscules pour signifier me criant... lol

Translation
no I ordered in English just wrote in capital letters to signify me shouting... lol

A

Anonymous

lol Brolly.... when I go to France I speak in English but speak with a French accent to make it easier for them to understand me!

Does the French man call you Monsieur Parapluie? lol

Brolly

Reaction score
Finally got the Sat Nav fitted and just need the unit re coding have it fully functioning

will put some more details on later

this is with all display and unit removed.

Attachments

• 2014-08-08 07.27.24.png
    2014-08-08 07.27.24.png
    201.4 KB · Views: 8,127
  • 20140806_205750.jpg
    20140806_205750.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 8,127
A

Anonymous

Nice work.
Out of interest what did you do for the usb port that normally sits in the armrest? Did you manage to get a long enough cable to reach the armrest or have you moved the usb connector somewhere else?

Abzynthe

Reaction score
The white and grey plugs that are hanging out on the bottom picture are the usb and aux in for the arm rest. I would have thought putting a factory head unit in would mean you just plug them back in.

Brolly

Reaction score
The lead is too short to reach. ... I have temporarily moved it to behind the stereo until I can find a way of extending the lead and return usb to the arm rest

A

Anonymous

Phibu Electronics offered a longer lead for the usb. I bought one but they've refunded me for it (with no explanation!) and it hasn't arrived with the rest of my order. It's now disappeared from the website so I expect they've had a supply issue.

You can buy the connectors so I might just make my own cable.

Brolly

Reaction score
Good idea... I suppose you could cut lead and solder wire in between to make it longer. Need unit recoded now.

Brolly

Reaction score
Thanks for the link, its a special lead with 8 pins from memory and nothing run off the mill. I will find or make 1 somehow.

A

Anonymous

Hi would u be willing to do another one ? Oh who could do this ?

Brolly

Reaction score
Hi.
I don't mind helping anyone.? If you have a unit the job can be done easily and quickly.

It depends which unit you are fitting and whether the harness needs ordering to complete the modification.

Get in touch if you need some help

RCZ63

Reaction score
Brolly said:
Hi.
I don't mind helping anyone.? If you have a unit the job can be done easily and quickly.

It depends which unit you are fitting and whether the harness needs ordering to complete the modification.

Get in touch if you need some help

Hi Brolly, doing the same install as you RD4 to RT6 and have GPS antenna, but I don't want to wait 10-15 days for a harness to be shipped. I contact Phibu but had no reply as of yet, I am a Electronic technician so believe I can do the rewire of the harness once I find enough information like where does the power cable goes on the actual flip screen ETC, how did you accomplish the tele decoding of the radio/car? I am thinking of buying the interface and software to do it myself!

any detail of the harness would be useful?

Dom

A

Anonymous

Hi rcz,

Would be interested to hear how you got on with this. After doing some research the rd6 seems to be the radio for me, although the cars I'm looking at only have the rd4 or ng radio in them, the rd4 doesn't have nav, and the ng doesn't stream Bluetooth!

Brolly

Reaction score
I have peugeot planet and diagbox so telecoding the unit is quite straight forward. As for the wiring harness I would wait and have the correct one that way if you ever want to remove satnav and refit the original you can with no problems.

A

Anonymous

Can anyone help with converting the basic one to this NG4? Will it turn the DRL off completely or leave it on or just function as it is? Thanks for any advise.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 7,358

Dogtag

Reaction score
Hi All going through the same upgrade rd45 to ng4 but for some reason it's changed my mileage from 44k to 70k?

Anyone know if telecoding will fix this thanks