What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ wont start this morning just making a clicking sound

A

Anonymous

Went to start my rcz this morning and it wont start just making a clicking sound. Got it jump started and made it home. But now it is dead aand wont start just clicking. Battery light is green. Car is also not even a year old so cant see it being a battery. Took it to the gagrage friday they had to adjust the dip stick for another problem. Now its doing this which i find a little to co incidental not to be linked. Anyone got any ideas?

A

Anonymous

It could quite easily be a faulty battery. Are you covered by the AA or similar? If you don't have a battery charger/tester at home then I'd call them out to check the battery. However, if you're battery is now holding charge then it could be an issue with your starter or alternator I would think.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the replies. Its a diesel and there is 12.6 volts on the battery. I know batteries can become faulty i just find it weird how its suddenly gone a couple days after its been in the garage and after such a short amount of time batteries should last longer than a year. My sat nav screen also come up with an engine management system fault. Gonna take it back to Peugeot tomorrow if i managed to get it jumped. Was gonna take the battery out and give it a proper charge but that didn't look like an easy job to do.

A

Anonymous

Just an update Peugeot rang me back today saying that they have traced it to being the battery as the problem, as they've put a new battery in and its now fine, though of course it would be fine as the battery is new and has charge its only after a few days you would notice if the car wasnt charging it properly, hopefully they have thought of this and done some sort of test. They said they will put my old battery on charge and do some test on that to see if it is buggered.

The thing i did find weird is that my car went in Friday for a oil measurement invalid problem and they said had adjusted the dipstick, but they changed that story when they rang me tonight and said they had done a software update and that my dipstick still needed to be adjusted apparently, which they are going to do for me. Which is weird as if i my car hadn't of not started i would have never have taken the car back down there so wouldn't have known the dipstick still needed doing. starting to wonder if its all linked and they have mucked up some where.

I asked if my battery was under warranty which the guy said technically no, but they may be able to wangle something for me so i get it under warranty. Which is good news if they can and really nice of them, though the skeptical side of me thinks maybe they know they caused the battery failure Friday and maybe that's why they are going to try wangle it for me, but who knows, fingers crossed i wont have to pay a penny

A

Anonymous

Does sound as though you are not getting the full story.

A

Anonymous

when the AA test a battery they do a load test, the battery may be showing 13 volts put when you put a load on it there is not enough power in it to turn the engine over. a lot of modern cars suffer from flat batteries / failed batteries if the car is not driven enough

A

Anonymous

yeh i have to test batteries at work alot just usually use our battery tester, unfortunately didn't have it on me at the time as it was the weekend otherwise could have measured the siemens level to see how degraded the battery was

A

Anonymous

asty said:
yeh i have to test batteries at work alot just usually use our battery tester, unfortunately didn't have it on me at the time as it was the weekend otherwise could have measured the siemens level to see how degraded the battery was
Do you work at a fertility clinic? :lol:

A

Anonymous

haha yeh i decide if the sperm is strong enough to power cars or not ;) its the next eco friendly car powering source

tianorth

Reaction score
asty said:
its a year and 5 days old

Not much younger than mine....mine's 1 year 1 month 1 week today.

I've not had any engine/electrical problems with mine yet...

Asty I've sent you a pm

A

Anonymous

Yeh i hadnt had any problem until it went in the garage Friday lol, i honestly do think they done something wrong accidentally, which i don't mind if it gets fixed and cost me nothing