What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rcz wiki, (MODERATOR REQUESTED)

MPC

Reaction score
I have an idea/plan for the upcoming summer holiday. I want to document/catalogue the most frequent issues, parts, mods and other items into a RCZ wiki with diagrams, easy to follow step-by-step guides and up-to-date links to vendors. I have a couple weeks off, so i will be able to spend quite a bit of time on this, i was just wondering if there is someone available with access to the part-number lists and drawings, to add to the more technical pages.
I also hoped that the forum software we use has some sort of wiki-function, as this would allow me to host this with no added cost for me personally, and allow for good access and make it easy to find for our community. I would love to chat with some mods about this, and the technical feasibility of integrating it into the forum. Also, if anyone wants to help/contribute, please send me a message, so i can figure out a way to make this into a team effort.

Max

Ecrivain

Reaction score
Wow! Sounds good, but quite task. I don't have a lot of time, and not technically minded, but I am not a bad proof reader, and happy to read through whatever I can for sense/typos/etc. if you would like?

MPC

Reaction score
Sounds great, although i first need a moderator that can tell me if the forum-software is capable. I saw some addons that might work, but i dont know the version of xenforo we are running.
First need that info, before i can start writing/creating things, or we might need a different website to do this on, but i would love to integrate it with the forum and the community here!

2retro

Reaction score
This is the guy you need to speak to about this. Click below and send him a message:

Evil Derboy

👍

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, although a Moderator I don’t know if the software will accommodate what your looking to do, although admirable I think it’s a massive task and all the information your wanting to catalogue should be here in the forum.
I’m sure if you message Evil Derboy he is the Administrator and will be able to answer your questions further

MPC

Reaction score
I messaged him, lets hope that the response from his side is positive!
The knowledge is here, however the issue lies in the spread of the knowledge, it is scattered around different topics, responses, and a clear, well-documented wiki could prove a massive improvement and a great addition to the forum im sure. If it has to be a separate website, thats fine as well, but then i would need to consider monthly costs, as i really dont want to have advertising from random companies on the wiki, as i feel it clutters up too much of the space

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Would threads with clear titles we could then sticky not work?
Then in their relevant sections they would be displayed at the top so not to get lost.

I'm not sure the Admin is on a lot, as according to his profile his last visit was over 2 months ago.

MPC

Reaction score
The we can arrange a subsection for the wiki, in which only certain people are allowed to post, as to keep out any unrelated things

Evil Derboy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don’t visit the forum regularly but any issues or requests should be messaged to me which I then get forwarded to me by email.

For various reasons I’m not inclined to set-up an area in the forum that precludes some users from taking part but not others. It runs the risk of alienating some users who may otherwise want to be part of the discussion.

I don’t see why topics, properly titled in the existing Peugeopedia section and then stickied to the top by moderators along with the fairly decent search function can’t achieve the same aims however if you decide to set up a dedicated website for it then I’ve no issue with the forum linking to it.

MPC

Reaction score
Well, i think that is a great explanation, and i kinda agree with evil derboy on this one. Lets just give it a shot, and ill probably make a “table of contents” post which links to the different topics in the “wiki” as to make searching more easy.
Then its just the question of what topics you guys want to see, i got:
-Engine
—maintenance
—modifications
—issues
—tips and tricks

-gearbox
—maintenance
—issues

-tyres

-electrical

-body
— maintenance
— modifications
—issues

what else should get a spot, or is there a different layout that works better?

Evil Derboy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, i think that is a great explanation, and i kinda agree with evil derboy on this one. Lets just give it a shot, and ill probably make a “table of contents” post which links to the different topics in the “wiki” as to make searching more easy.
Then its just the question of what topics you guys want to see, i got:
-Engine
—maintenance
—modifications
—issues
—tips and tricks

-gearbox
—maintenance
—issues

-tyres

-electrical

-body
— maintenance
— modifications
—issues

what else should get a spot, or is there a different layout that works better?

We could set up sub-forum sections for each of the above and then have topics inside them if that helps with the structure. With a main link at the top of the Peugeotpedia forum section that then takes you in.

MPC

Reaction score
@Evil Derboy that sounds like a great idea. When i get back from holiday i will make a comprehensive list with all of the sections that i will get started on first. Thanks for the great ideas in here, and if any other people want to chime in with their expertise (@NF7 , maybe for the satnav for example) please let me know, as incan then make a to do list, so we dont do any double work.

NF7

Reaction score
@Evil Derboy that sounds like a great idea. When i get back from holiday i will make a comprehensive list with all of the sections that i will get started on first. Thanks for the great ideas in here, and if any other people want to chime in with their expertise (@NF7 , maybe for the satnav for example) please let me know, as incan then make a to do list, so we dont do any double work.
Sure thing. I'll chip in, regarding the SatNav.

Evil Derboy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Drop me a PM once you've finalised the headings and I'll go ahead and create the forum structure for you to then populate. :)