What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ vs. RCZ R weight reduction?

LeonGrchz

Reaction score
Hello there,

I just saw on wikipedia that the RCZ R is almost 100 kg lighter than the 200 THP RCZ!

Does anyone know what Peugeot did to achieve the weight of just 1280 kg compaired to the 1375 kg or 1350 kg?

Pedro

Reaction score
Maybe its the engine components as the R has a uprated bottom end Pistons conrods etc?

Flanners

Reaction score
Not sure where they got that, I have read it is a miserly in comparison..... 17kg.

LeonGrchz

Reaction score
The 3 motors are a couple of kilos already, and the engine mods could make up the rest?

Pedro

Reaction score
Poss has lighter pistons as they are racing spec but as has been said already it was missing a few addons like seat motors & a spoiler motor ?

RCZ-R

Reaction score
1280 kg bone dry. Not ready to roll.
I have put my R on a scale and it prompted 1340 kg with 2/3 of fuel and few bits and piece in the trunk.

Sunseeker

Reaction score
Hi Guys :D

Does anyone knows the weight of the R stock rims ?
I need it to consider a new set of superlight OZ but i'm not finding the weight on the net .. :/

indoldn

Reaction score
Hi Guys :D

Does anyone knows the weight of the R stock rims ?
I need it to consider a new set of superlight OZ but i'm not finding the weight on the net .. :/
I asked someone on the FB group who bought a set of second hand ones the other month & he said around 12.5 kg each.