What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ & TT

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Well as a long time Peugeot owner (had a 206cc for 9 years & Peugeot previous to that) I thought it was time to update. I was intrigued by the lines of the RCZ and eventually got around for a test drive. Very smooth and polite to drive with an effortless feel, tons of bells & whistles.
After the drive I was grappled by the car saleswomen, whom thought she had it in the bag. I said I would go & drive the Audi TT because it had been compared to that car so much, and that I wasn't convinced by the look of the front with it's gulping mouth which isn't well balanced with it's attractive tight rear.

After driving the TT I wonder why anyone would think they were comparable other than to look at. The TT is much tighter & responsive, with a much better power to weight ratio. It drives like a sports car where I didn't get that impression from the RCZ, it was more like a comfortable sedan to drive. To look at both cars they are attractive to the eye, but the TT is the drivers car. Resale value in time was also a consideration.

I am sure the RCZ will improve in time, as the TT wasn't so flash in its first generation. Needless to say I am a proud owner of Audi TT, and wanted to give you my impression on why I didn't buy an RCZ.

A

Anonymous

Enjoy your new car as we all adore our RCZs! Cant speak for the rest but my 200GT drives just as good as the TT in my opinion!

A

Anonymous

I think the TT is a lovely car for girls did you buy a White one? :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

I went to test drive the Audi TT pre and post it's facelift. But didn't leave the forecourt on either occasion, as it felt far to claustrophobic. Just stating a fact from my own perspective. But one test drive of the RCZ and I knew that I had to own one. The dealership wanted my bestest to drive it too. She got out after her test drive and immediately announced that I had to buy it. So I did and I just love it.

A

Anonymous

Audi TT vs RCZ

well its the first time im posting, being already registered long ago... xD
and in my point of view they are both beautiful cars, from great brands, with beast engines! i've already drove them both, and i can say i loved them!
their presence, sound, power, look, everything... but i had to choose,

- far away goes the time, when i was in long car trips, watching all cars by the window, and thinking, i realy do want that, that, and that one when i get my license,
and that car was the audi TT, since the mk1, i love it since i was a child, and so i always dreamed to have one... but then came the RCZ!

and after looking at the market, doing alot of research, i found it the better option! and so im realy happy that im going to order it soon!

1. Price, (Im from Portugal btw):
Audi TT 1.8TFSI 41.000€ (BASE)
RCZ 1.6THP 156 31.000€ (BASE)
2. Cheaper extras
3. Maintenance
and beauty i wont discuss xD

A

Anonymous

RahMan said:
Audi TT vs RCZ

2. Cheaper extras
3. Maintenance

wtf :wtf: ours is 27.500€

A

Anonymous

Hi All

This subject was of interest to me.

I've had new Audi's for the last 10 years and been fairly pleased. I haven't however had a TT, "why" I hear you ask.....

well.....I have always gone to test drive the TT every 3 years when I get a new car and its just not done it for me. Radical design but I always felt it was missing something? The drive was ok but their not all drivers cars (You need a hot one to get excited) :sleeping-yellow: !!

When the RCZ came out it was like the TT but with a huge injection of steroids and suddenly became the TT I would have bought. :thumbup:

My wife had a BMW Mini convertible that was dreadful and we sold that and entered the wonderful world of Peugeot buying a 207CC GT which we still have - its 2 years old and a superb car.

My RCZ is due to arrive on 1st June and I can't wait.

Respect to Audi but move over....The RCZ is coming!! :mrgreen:

A

Anonymous

GeiZt said:
RahMan said:
Audi TT vs RCZ

2. Cheaper extras
3. Maintenance

wtf :wtf: ours is 27.500€

taxes are very high here, its almost cheaper to import a brand new car, then buy it here... and really cheap to get a imported one in 2nd hand!
if you check the difference in the audi, its bigger, since the 2.0TFSI is 46.500€ (BASE),
i made a configuration from audi Portugal trying to get equally the same car with same extras,
Audi TT 2.0TFSI Balck edition (UK) Price: 35.000€
Audi TT 2.0TFSI (there is no package here so i made it with the same extras) (PT) Price: 53.000€

A

Anonymous

Each to his and her own. I have always loved the TT but could never have afforded a new one so last year when I was in the market to change I seriouly considered a second-hand TT. I was on the verge of going to see them in the flesh and test-drive but when researching on the 'net for comparisons and opinions suddenly saw lots of references to a beastie called the RCZ. Naturally the allure of owning something new and verrryyyy interesting trumped a second-hand TT. I have no regrets and no envy towards those who can afford new TTs. They are a beautiful car but my Freddie is even more beautiful, and that's not just me talking :thumbup: .

A

Anonymous

Iam also from Portugal, see my pictures of my rcz and Autodromo do Algarve day eheh in members gallery. And... in Portugal cars are really expensive because of one tax that is apllied eventhought that it is illegal... lol. Cheers mate ;)

A

Anonymous

Just for Matt, no its a black turbo 2.0 TT multi-tronic. Other considerations that disappointed me is the RCZ only came in a low power auto, and if you want claustrophobic, then sit in the back seat for 5 minutes

A

Anonymous

Lets not get in a RCZ v TT slanging match...RCZ drivers are too sensible to drop down to the standards of the TT forum

Both cars are great. I currently have an Audi 3.0TFSI quattro which is very very quick and is the most recent of many audis including S4's etc. I was looking at a TTS but then the RCZ came along and it's looks won me over. On the driving side whilst the TT may be faster and in quattro form more precise it does not offer the fun that the RCZ does

An earlier thread I posted summed it up when I was parked outside a cash machine at Sainsburys 2 people were overheard saying that the RCZ "must be 80K or more of sports car" made me feel good :)

So both the TT and the RCZ are great cars but its personal choice and I am so so happy I went for the RCZ...its the only car I have ever washed every 3 days :)

A

Anonymous

Like BangorRCZ Ive always loved the Audi TT and was actively looking at a second hand TT when I spied the RCZ. The TT is obviously a great car and deserves the wrap it gets from all perspectives but when it comes down to the final choice, we each have our own reasons for our final selection be it handling, driveability or price.

The RCZ gets great reports from all motoring bodies as well as from personal driver reports and Ive read a number of reports where the RCZ has won over the TT in test comparisons but there are just as many that give the edge to the TT. The fact that we compare it to a TT shows just what a great car the TT is. I still love the TT when I see one on the road but I know the uniqueness of the RCZ makes mine much more special to me. Nothing turns heads like an RCZ and I think that says it all. :beer:

FGRob

Reaction score
This topic has been discussed many times before - each to their own, but there's nothing new in the above - except the tax in Portugal :wtf: :wtf:

So topic locked - lets move on people. :thumbup:

Rob.

Status
Not open for further replies.