What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

rcz thermostat housing ??

rob1robno1

Reaction score
hi guys I replaced a leaking thermostat housing on a 1.6 rcz it stopped the leak but as soon as I start the car the temperature guage goes full and the fan kicks in as if it is over heating..any ideas....thanx (been told the sensor could be faulty )

DKZ5745

Reaction score
The temperature sensor was always a known weak spot, and there used to be regular issues reported on here in the early days of the RCZ.
I haven’t seen that much of a problem reported with it recently, and I had thought maybe they had sorted the issues connected with it. Perhaps they are fitting a modified part when replacing the sensor, as appears to be the case with several parts that have had known problems, timing chain tensioner, front suspension strut top mounts to name a couple.

It does seem that the likely fault is with the sensor, which shouldn’t involve a massive cost. (You could always mention that as it I still a known issue, would Peugeot be prepared to contribute to the bill). Worth a try. :eusa-think: