What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ Spark Plugs

thornebt

Reaction score
I bought my RCZ 1.6THP with 39,700 miles on the clock and it has the service record stamped for 40,000 by Peugeot. They should have changed the spark plugs at this service and I was just wondering if they might have not bothered as it was being sold. It has NGK PLZKBR7A-G fitted which seem a bit black / grey for just a few hundred miles. If RCZs have Peugeot branded plugs fitted when new then it would appear they have been changed. But perhaps they have NGK fitted when new. Can anybody enlighten me please? Thank you.

A

Anonymous

You can ask pug dealer for a print out of the service record. Even if it's prepared for sale they should still record what was done in the service for the warranty. Easy check to do.

hanswuk

Reaction score
I think I'm correct in saying that most spark plugs are still manufacturer branded even for first fit. Therefore the plugs coming out will have NGK, Beru or Bosch etc. branding rather than Peugeot branding. (Peugeot don't make spark plugs - they buy them in from spark plug manufacturers).