What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ Servicing

A

Anonymous

Previously posted on 12 September 2012:

1st Service carried out today.

Total cost (Inc VAT): £225.00

This was for the routine 1st Service and a Coolant Change which I asked for.

Costs broke down as:

Labour: £102.80
Parts *: £84.70
VAT: £37.50
Total: £225.00

* Parts included:
Oil Filter: £10.10
Filtering Pad: £19.16
Charcoal Filt: £16.08
INEO ECS 5w30: £25.00
Washer Liquid: £0.92
Antifreeze: £13.44

(Service was on a Diesel)

A

Anonymous

Hi chaps..very interesting comments on this thread. I have just booked in my RCZ for service as its coming up to two years old..however, it has only done 7k miles in that time. My wife was astonished when she was quoted £359.00!
I'm sorry, but that's wrong surely? I am going to speak to Peugeot direct tomorrow to complain..

RCZ1

Reaction score
A 2 year service is a 2 year service wherever you take it. They surely do the same thing as detailed in the service booklet so why why why are there such widely varying prices being quoted?

Go on to the My Peugeot website see how much they want to charge you or ring various Peugeot dealers in your area to compare prices.

This is a ridiculous situation :(

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
A 2 year service is a 2 year service wherever you take it. They surely do the same thing as detailed in the service booklet so why why why are there such widely varying prices being quoted?

Go on to the My Peugeot website see how much they want to charge you or ring various Peugeot dealers in your area to compare prices.

This is a ridiculous situation :(

Couldn't agree more. While I would like to see a standard price uniformly set for this, I do wonder if this would prevent market forces working in our favour? :eusa-think: Still...there should definitely be a recommended price and dealers should be free to better/reduce this to entice business.

A

Anonymous

Quick update guys..searched around my area on approved dealers on servicing and the differences are surprising to say the least! From £359 to £189.. And the cheapest dealer is only another 11 miles away..total madness, and therefore supports the notion that its definitely worth looking around first.

A

Anonymous

Whichever main dealer does the servicing, check that they are following the service schedule properly. My 200GT recently went in for 20k/2yr service and when I closely examined the worksheet at home noticed that they didn't change the spark plugs, which is a specific recommendation in the handbook :!:

A couple of phone calls later and the dealer manager calls me up and apologises because they didn't know it was a requirement for the service. Fills me with lots of confidence.

They had to order the plugs in and it is going back in tomorrow to have them fitted foc, but I shall be going somewhere else in future.

RCZ1

Reaction score
chrisj said:
Whichever main dealer does the servicing, check that they are following the service schedule properly. My 200GT recently went in for 20k/2yr service and when I closely examined the worksheet at home noticed that they didn't change the spark plugs, which is a specific recommendation in the handbook :!:

A couple of phone calls later and the dealer manager calls me up and apologises because they didn't know it was a requirement for the service. Fills me with lots of confidence.

They had to order the plugs in and it is going back in tomorrow to have them fitted foc, but I shall be going somewhere else in future.

Good post :)

A

Anonymous

chrisj said:

I would do the same as you, that is disgusting. How much do these experts charge per hour for their expertise? And they still do things like this :thumbdown: Appalling