What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ Servicing

A

Anonymous

Picking up my RCZ in a few weeks and I have been informed I shall be offered the option to pay £16 a month for a service every year.

Now, coming from a Peugeot 106 (where I did all the servicing myself without fear of messing it up) I don't know whether £200 for a service is a good deal or not.

Any recommendations? Am I able to get the services done at any place? Is it a requirement on the Peugeot Passport Program to get it serviced at a particular place?

All of these would help!

RCZ1

Reaction score
Well I had a service at one year, cost £100. Just had my 2 year / 20k service and it cost me £139 less discount.

A

Anonymous

Ive had the car 16 months and only done just over 5000 miles, so never had a service at 12 months, dont know whether I should put it in or not.
I had a minor check thing done a few months after buying it.
On paper its every 3 years I think or am I wrong :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Thanks RCZ1. Was that an interim service at 1 year? Was that done at the dealership?

Jatac: Looking on the Peugeot website (here http://www.servicing.peugeot.co.uk/peug ... intervals/) It says that an RCZ post July-2012 has a, I presume full, service every year/20,000 miles.

Do you know if these are recommendations or will it void my warranty/terms of my purchase?

RCZ1

Reaction score
JWT said:
Thanks RCZ1. Was that an interim service at 1 year? Was that done at the dealership?

Jatac: Looking on the Peugeot website (here http://www.servicing.peugeot.co.uk/peug ... intervals/) It says that an RCZ post July-2012 has a, I presume full, service every year/20,000 miles.

Do you know if these are recommendations or will it void my warranty/terms of my purchase?

The service at one year is an interim service. It's not mandatory but Peugeot recommend it and yes had all my servicing done at Peugeot dealer.

The service interval is 2 years or 20k miles, whichever is sooner - full service.

A

Anonymous

Even though my mileage is very low I will book it in anyway. They can check for soffware updates at the same time.

A

Anonymous

Just a thing I found out about servicing .... When we picked up our 208's we were told that ALL Peugeots that are being sold now have yearly servicing as it was impacting on the service departments ( bieng quiet ) and also Peugeot want to keep a better eye on there cars as obviously not seeing some up to two years is raising some issues .

A

Anonymous

Mike I just rang to book the RCZ in and was told the same thing. Apparantly this only affects cars bought in 2012, any purchased earlier are still on the 2 year service plan.

The service dept told me I would be wasting money having a service now as the car has only done 5600 miles and is just about 5 months short of the 2 year service, so i may as well wait for that one. They also checked for any outstanding callbacks on the RCZ and mine is clear of any, good news there then.

A

Anonymous

I appreciate the reply guys. Obviously I'll be wanting to treat my car well, but am just trying to ascertain whether 17 a month is a good deal for services over three years!

A

Anonymous

JWT, what spec/ engine option RCZ are you having the pleasure of driving?
Please advise and we can inform you the right information regarding your service needs....
Regards Patrick

Pat Lewis Peugeot

A

Anonymous

JWT said:
I appreciate the reply guys. Obviously I'll be wanting to treat my car well, but am just trying to ascertain whether 17 a month is a good deal for services over three years!

I was quoted £180 for my 2 year service. If you pay £17 per month then you would be paying £204.
I would guess that al Peugeot dealers stick to standard practices at each service.
Obviously some servicing costs more, for example when the timing belt ect needs changing, so does your £17 cover ALL servicing, if it only covers the basic stuff then I dont think its such a good deal.

You can get your servicing done at ANY garage, but it has to be registered for vat, service book has to be stamped and at the correct intervals, keep all reciepts, and I think genuine parts have to be used.

RCZ1

Reaction score
£180 is a bit high compared to my £139 for the 2 year service. I don't understand why all Peugeot dealers don't charge the same price for services ?

A

Anonymous

Patrick lewis said:
JWT, what spec/ engine option RCZ are you having the pleasure of driving?
Please advise and we can inform you the right information regarding your service needs....
Regards Patrick

Pat Lewis Peugeot

Its a GT 156 petrol. Pretty much standard after that :)

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
£180 is a bit high compared to my £139 for the 2 year service. I don't understand why all Peugeot dealers don't charge the same price for services ?

£180 is high compared to your what you paid :eusa-think:
I will query the price and let my feet do the talking if I'm not happy. :thumbdown:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Go on the My Peugeot website and try and book a service on there. The price quoted for me on there was also £139.

A

Anonymous

£154 through "My Peugeot" for my local dealer.
Its mad how they are all different prices.
Surely they all use the same parts and the same amount of time to fit the parts. I feel some dealers take advantage.
There is an offer for an MOT and a service for £139, yet they do not offer the service alone for £139 ?

RCZ1

Reaction score
jactac said:
£154 through "My Peugeot" for my local dealer.
Its mad how they are all different prices.
Surely they all use the same parts and the same amount of time to fit the parts. I feel some dealers take advantage.
There is an offer for an MOT and a service for £139, yet they do not offer the service alone for £139 ?

Total madness. Have a word with your dealer, say the price quoted on the web is cheaper. I'm sure they would match it.

A

Anonymous

xzibit206 said:
Just over £90 or thereabouts for mine (going on memory)

WOW for a 2nd year service. Thats very good. The oil and filter alone would cost in the region of £60.

A

Anonymous

Looking at my local dealer's website they offer Level 1 servicing "from £99" and Level 2 "from £199".

Seems rather excessive in comparison to what you guys are getting.