What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ Service

KMG

Reaction score
Hi, just a bit of advice please regarding servicing...
Just rang my local Peugeot dealer to book a service.
There are three levels;
Minor, £209. Oil, Oil filter. Health check.
Main, £259, Oil, Oil filter, Pollen filter. Health check.
Major, £359, Oil, Oil filter, air filter, petrol pump filter, spark plugs. Health check.

The health check is battery condition, discs, pads, etc. If anything is advised, I guess you get it done, or bring it back later at extra cost.

I have a 2014 RCZ 1.6 Sport with 28000 miles on the clock.
I was hoping they would suggest a service level, but I basically had to choose so went for the Main. I'm surprised by the fact that an air filter is not included in all but the major service. Is this not a 'just fit a new one' item?

Isn't it normal in a service to remove stuff and change it if necessary rather than just change some items and not even look at others?
Should I just get the major service done, in the knowledge that everything has been changed, or is it the case, that at a mere 28000 miles, I don't actually need an air filter or plugs?
What is the recommended period for changing these items?
Advice would be great!!

Thanks,
Kevin

Kerr

Reaction score
What service history has you car got?

When was the last time spark plugs and filters were changed? It's not just the mileage you have to consider it is the length of time too.

Anything flagged on the heath check will be additional cost. The dealer should advise of cost and get approval for any work.

Some garages are bad for pushing to get excessive work done. Too often they'll convince owners things like brakes don't have much life left.

The Peugeot main dealer will be much more expensive for parts and repairs than a smaller garage.

KMG

Reaction score
I bought the car 10 months ago and it's been serviced every year according to the service book. I can't tell though what was actually done. For all I know, I may still have the original battery, air filter, spark plugs etc, so I'm having the major service carried out so I know where I am. They may say I need new pads for example, but once done, they'll last me for years. I might fork out a few hundred quid.....but one has to look after one's car, doesn't one...!

Pedro

Reaction score
Mine was apparently dealer serviced at 30.002 Klm due to the stamps in the book before I bought it at 32.256 Klm from a indie car retailer & they did change the oil again as a gesture of goodwill & on checking it was looking clean as a whistle however when I drove it home it clearly lacked power on acceleration the day after I changed the plugs & the air filter which was clogged with virtually a birds nest full of crap which say's it had never been near a dealers tech's hands in a long time cleaned the MAF & MAP sensor & changed the oil filter again as you never know if its an old one so do they do a full service & then charge for Oil & filter?