What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ rises from the Graveyard

Brolly

Reaction score
hi everybody......

I recently joined the forum after buying an accident damaged RCZ.

It had side impact damage to the rear quarter on both sides and rear suspension.
Two seat air bags had fired and the drivers seat belt pre tensioner had deployed.
There was also damage to the nearside rear alloy and rear bumper

I have begun the repairs and a couple of people asked for some photos and progress report.

So there is a little insight into the damage, but most things can be fixed so here goes......

I obviously could not wait to get started and plan on doing 90 % of the work myself

So I thought it was best to get the car mobile first, so started on the suspension and brakes.

The Rcz has a tortion beam type suspension which has a main unit to which all the shockers,springs and brakes etc are fitted to. As you can see on this occasion I had no option but replace the whole unit as the damage was in noway repairable.

Here are a few more photos of the damage

Then I removed the wheels disconnected all the brake lines,cables and abs sensors etc. The springs and shockers were next along with discs,calipers and hub units.

Then the tortion bar suspension beam could be removed.

The new beam was the put in place and fitting is just reversal of removing, just taking an hour or 2.

Can only add 5 attachments...?????

Part two and part three now available to view :D

A

Anonymous

I look forward to the further instalments. I have so much respect for someone willing and able to undertake such a job. I'd quickly be well out of my depth.

RCZ1

Reaction score
You would be best hosting the photos on something like Photobucket or better still use Tapatalk. It's so much easier to upload photos that way. Adding photos as attachments fills up the server quickly and slows it down. Just thought you might find that bit of advice useful.

Can't wait to see the ret of your restoration work :thumbup:

Brolly

Reaction score
Not sure how to do all that photo bucket stuff.. ( I am 47)...

If any one can help re listing what I have put on the forum in a more economical way please feel free to get in touch.

Maybe I could just delete it all in a month or so when people may have viewed it.

Brolly

Reaction score
hi RCZ1

I never thought you were criticizing in any way, :beer:

renegade79

Reaction score
You're a brave soul for taking on this mess but I will keep a keen eye out to see how the project goes!!
Can you to us a little about the car itself, spec etc?

A

Anonymous

It's going great - thanks for the update - I look forward to the next instalment.

Brolly

Reaction score
Hi.

Car is..... and will be again.......

Rcz Gt 156 thp in opal white. Cream leather.
19" Sortilege .... 22K

A

Anonymous

SICK CAMBER BRO!

Just kidding, great job bringing it back from the dead :)