What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rcz remapping

A

Anonymous

I'm thinking about getting my rcz 2.0hdi gt remapped

Has anyone had this done ?? Been told I can get an extra 40bhp

Any advice guys ???

Cheers
Liam

Abzynthe

Reaction score
It depends where you go and what you have done to the car.

I went to a rolling road day and they recon they could only get it to about 180bhp.

Alot of other places say they can get it to 201bhp as do a few chips out there.

Im thinking about getting mine done at some point, but I havent got the spare ccash at the moment :(

DanRo

Reaction score
I have remapped my THP200 but I did a light remap.

To increase the power I changed the intercooler (Forge), exhaust (Rüffer), sport cat and air filter.

Today I got 232 BHp with a light remap and I got much more torque 375Nm instead of the 275 Nm :thumbup:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
DanRo said:
I have remapped my THP200 but I did a light remap.

To increase the power I changed the intercooler (Forge), exhaust (Rüffer), sport cat and air filter.

Today I got 232 BHp with a light remap and I got much more torque 375Nm instead of the 275 Nm :thumbup:

That doesnt really help with HDi owners though ;)

A

Anonymous

Liam mcc said:
I'm thinking about getting my rcz 2.0hdi gt remapped

Has anyone had this done ?? Been told I can get an extra 40bhp

Any advice guys ???

Cheers
Liam

Buy a chipbox and save your money. Im running one in my Jeep and my bro is running the same make in his 2.0 HDI DS4. Just be prepared to spend some time setting the chipbox up to suit your driving style. It is very easy though. Using timing device we score just shy of a second 0 to 62mph and got almost 10kph gain at the 400m exit.

DanRo

Reaction score
No but I only wanted to say that a remap is one thing but upgrading for example the intercooler, air intake, exhaust, etc is also important to get healty amount of extra power without forcing the engine to much

A

Anonymous

So really a remap is kinda pointless unless your planning to upgrade others like listed in above posts ???

What's better a chip box or remap

DanRo

Reaction score
Remap is not pointless, but it"s much better with an upgrade.
Remap is invisible for your Peugeot dealer, so no warranty issues

A

Anonymous

remap is visible if you know what to check- just check boost level ;)

Отправлено из моего iPad используя Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Ok cool would a remap be the first mod to get ??

Got a quote for this to be done £290.00

Would you say that's a gd price

DanRo

Reaction score
Bormotyxa said:
remaptiming thesible if you know what to check- just check boost level ;)

Yes maybe but with chip tuning the car will detect the new hardware and the next time you go for a service the car automaticly will say there is new hardware added to the car

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
The ECU on any car is setup using a few cars until they determine what is the best configuration for them to provide what they want and not to cause any issues in the future for them to repair under warranty. With that said the programming on the ECU is very tame to what is possible.

So whether you do any modifications or not a remap is beneficial. As you accelerate there is a power curve and if you run a factory setup on a dyno to observe this you will see that this curve is not that great as it is not a smooth curve. With a remap the curve is smoothed out and puts more power where you need it and that is in the middle of the curve. Also an improvement in fuel economy is possible, I say possible because your driving habits depict your fuel economy. Other things that can be done with a remap is an increase in power and this can be achieved with or without any other modifications done to the car. Of course other modifications done can provide more power. Ultimately the engine can only handle so much but having done necessary modifications is key for longevity of the engine. Remaps are detectable but only if there is a reason to look at the ECU. In most services of cars the dealership has no reason to check the ECU and so it will not be noticed. The times an ECU will be checked is when you take it in for an EML situation in which the code points to the ECU, or if an update needs to be done to the ECU. A remap is customized to your car if done right. Always do background research on the place doing the remap because the ECU is the heart of the car and not cheap to replace.

Now with a module such as the RaceChip we sell, this does not do any permanent changes to the ECU in any way, but sends signals to the ECU based upon how you are driving the car. It can also be modified from it's factory settings to your liking. You can remove and re-install the module any time you want because it does not do permanent changes, so it will not be detected even if the ECU is looked at. Now some cars do have what they consider more intelligent ECU's that can remember such devices, but I have not heard of these on the RCZ.

At the end of the day you can drive the car you have as it is, but if you want a little more and better performance then a remap or a module is great to do. Pushing your cars performance to higher numbers are risky if not done correctly, so be careful.

As for power results from the 2.0 HDi in the RCZ, over 200bhp is possible but it is your torque that you need to be careful about from the diesel as it can cause problem within the drive train of the car.

I hope this is helpful to you and anyone else thinking about a remap or module for your RCZ whether you have a diesel or petrol version.

Here is the link to what RaceChip can provide possible in regards to performance gains:

http://www.rczperformance.com/EngineTuning.html#Race-Chip

And yes we sell these :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Liam mcc said:
Ok cool would a remap be the first mod to get ??

Got a quote for this to be done £290.00

Would you say that's a gd price
it's the best £/hp gain.

DanRo

Reaction score
If you have a limited budget it's better then original, but don't be temped to get a to high increase.

A

Anonymous

I've always felt tuning boxes are good for DERVS. you will get a nice slice of power for minimal outlay with them