What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ R

A

Anonymous

Hi all,
Dont know if anyone else has reported on this yet but only read about it myself today in auto express.Peugeot to launch RCZ R with 256 BHP engine :beer: which is also going to be fitted in the new citroen DS4 Racing, 0-62 in 6.5 seconds and 40mpg, :dance: expected at paris motor show and arrive here in 2013. :( Now that would warrent quad exhausts!! as standard. :beer:

A

Anonymous

mmm very appealing. I assume petrol engine and I doubt if you could get anywhere near 40 mpg with urban or heavy footed driving.

The big question though is how much will it cost?

A

Anonymous

just what the rcz needs more ooomph :cool: but it will be at a cost :( hopefully not but this release should coincide with a fresher facelifted rcz :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Yep facelift is needed. We can get 247hp already and for much less money.

A

Anonymous

Well it is what many forum members said that they wanted. So let us see just how many of those members get their wallets out and buy one.

A

Anonymous

sensen said:
Yep facelift is needed. We can get 247hp already and for much less money.

200bhp remapped=247bhp it should also have like the rczR 256 bhp WILL have more than just a remap :eusa-think: recaro like seats suspension tweeks,lowered,brembo brakes and steering tweeks,upgraded gearbox,wider track,lighter wheels best part of £30,000 easy then option it :lol:

A

Anonymous

If there gonna put that much power throu the front wheels they'll have to do some serious adjustments to the cars setup if they leave it as standard it ruin the driving experience it'll torque steer like the old vxr Astra mate had one for 6 months and hated it was an absolute pig to drive straight

A

Anonymous

bigmac3161 said:
If there gonna put that much power throu the front wheels they'll have to do some serious adjustments to the cars setup if they leave it as standard it ruin the driving experience it'll torque steer like the old vxr Astra mate had one for 6 months and hated it was an absolute pig to drive straight
I did the same bigmac plus the Astra turbo I test drove had LPG conversion & the heavy tank was in the boot! Wheel spinning in 3rd gear. Pointless amounts of power if you can't get it on the tarmac.

A

Anonymous

cannot wait to see the RCZ R hopefully it looks even better than the stock one.

A

Anonymous

256 bhp up front and 44hp electric motor in the rear...

300bhp and finally speed worthy of looks...

Pity it's still old skool suspension setup at the back!

A

Anonymous

Figo said:

That should return a good mpg then :clap:

A

Anonymous

Are there any links to this fabled car as google brings nothing up and my dealer just looks blankly at me when I ask...

A

Anonymous

mr shiney said:
Are there any links to this fabled car as google brings nothing up and my dealer just looks blankly at me when I ask...

Reports surfaced in auto express magazine a month or so ago but haven't seen anything 'official' from Peugeot thus far.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?sot4oy

A

Anonymous

Figo said:

Hybrid version?

A

Anonymous

kkrcz said:
Hybrid version?
From the sounds of things it is from the SR1 prototype. I really wanted the SR1 but so far I have to make do with a model of one. I think that Peugeot will simply incorporate the good elements across their range.