What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ R wanted

Spart

Reaction score
Hi, keeping an eye out for an R. Would like it standard, any colour, low miles with full service history and willing to pay up to £14.5k
Have seen a few dealers have or have recently sold what I would like for not too much more so I think it's reasonable amount for a private sale.
Would be nice to have a well kept forum car if poss.
Many thanks.

Spart

Reaction score
Hi thanks, yes seen it but really do want it to be original ie no black wheels and I would guess to get them back to original would cost a pretty penny :crazy:

DanRo

Reaction score
Buying an RCZ R with full history and low milage for 14500 is a steal, so if you have to pay some money to repaint the wheels it's still a very cheap :D

Outside the UK the RCZ R is selling between 25000 and 28000 Euro

Maybe you one of the those guy that dreams of buying an RCZ R, but really are not ready to buy one :eusa-whistle:

Spart

Reaction score
DanRo said:
Buying an RCZ R with full history and low milage for 14500 is a steal, so if you have to pay some money to repaint the wheels it's still a very cheap :D

Maybe you one of the those guy that dreams of buying an RCZ R, but really are not ready to buy one :eusa-whistle:

Well that's not a very nice welcome is it. I hope this isn't the way all member greet and welcome new members.

With all due respect I'm not outside the UK so your comment as to the value abroad isn't really relevant is it? If you look on the UK version of autotrader you will see several examples that fit my requirements at dealers for not much more than my budget.

I would rather if possible, buy a members car due to the fact that they are normally better looked after and cherished. Also I'm not entirely sure I would just want the wheels repainted either, If they had already been painted they would require stripping and refinishing as per original. And due to the wheel design to do this properly would be rather expensive.

I can assure you I am not "dreaming" of owning an R, I'm well passed that sort of age and have owned many much more shall we say interesting cars previously. But at this moment in time an R would fit the bill.

But once again thank you for your very friendly and informed welcome.

DanRo

Reaction score
Every RCZ R is well take care of because people which own(ed) them love them.
Curtenly when you buy a low mileage one you will have no issues with it.

The only avantage I see buying for dealer is that you have some warranty.

What the value outside of the UK shows it that buying an RCZ R in the UK for 14.500 is really cheap

RCZ1

Reaction score
You may be better buying from a dealer as they will come with a warranty which does offer peace of mind because the majority are out of warranty now. Also the price the dealers advertise their Rs for are very much negotiable. So even if you see one a little outside of your price range it may be worth giving them a ring to see if they are willing to budge on price. I got £1.5K off my R when I bought it from a dealer in October last year. The deal was mainly done over the telephone subject to me seeing the car. It needed some work as the paintwork was poor. Full of swirls and some scratches but I knew I could machine polish the paint back to life again, which I did.

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Whenever possible, I have bought from the trade, either car sales with good reputation, franchise of manufacturer or, in the case of the Zero, direct from the factory.
I suppose, being a bit of a wheeler and dealer in my youth, I am wary of what a private seller can get up to.
Sure, the majority are genuine, but a trader is bound by rules and regs and usually offers a warranty.
So of the 33 vehicles I (and misses) have owned, only 7 were private purchases.
Other than recalls, I have been lucky to have needed very little in the way of remedial work from any seller.
For all but new motors, I expect I have paid over the odds, but my good experience has been worth the extra.
Incidentally, I have no particular bias to a make of modern mass produced cars, so have maintained good relationships with local businesses and bartered for purchase or lease as available.
Here, in Spain our local Pug dealer has become a friend and nothing is too much trouble looking after the fleet, with some silly low charges for ad hoc items, etc.
OK, he gets good business from us, but I get instant and cheap attention.
As they say, Your Mileage May Vary.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Spart said:
DanRo said:

Well that's not a very nice welcome is it. I hope this isn't the way all member greet and welcome new members.

With all due respect I'm not outside the UK so your comment as to the value abroad isn't really relevant is it? If you look on the UK version of autotrader you will see several examples that fit my requirements at dealers for not much more than my budget.

I would rather if possible, buy a members car due to the fact that they are normally better looked after and cherished. Also I'm not entirely sure I would just want the wheels repainted either, If they had already been painted they would require stripping and refinishing as per original. And due to the wheel design to do this properly would be rather expensive.

I can assure you I am not "dreaming" of owning an R, I'm well passed that sort of age and have owned many much more shall we say interesting cars previously. But at this moment in time an R would fit the bill.

But once again thank you for your very friendly and informed welcome.

Spart I know DanRo well and he will not of meant any offence or malice. Purely pointing out the price for a R in Europe is still very high and for anyone in Europe getting a R for £14,500 is a steal compared to their local prices.
He does point out and Kerry also that it may be worth bartering with a dealer for the extra peace of mind that a warranty no matter how long will bring. Most dealers have some fancy pricing for the R's due mainly because they are not in any guides. You may get a dealer who prices one quite low so could pick up a bargain.
The car mentioned here with black wheels was from a long standing member of the forum, and for the record.....
to bring the wheels back to former diamond cut glory will set you back approx £90 per corner. I'm sure you could barter that off the price from the dealer.

Good luck by the way, we need more R owners on the forum to make sure that they are being well looked after, you never know when you might need another !!!!

:beer:

Guppy

Reaction score
Hi

I spent 2 month searching for the right Z.

try.... www.newsnow.com and type "rcz r for sale" in the search box, this will bring up every add from every website within the UK. Saves visiting multiple sites. Tip... keep the page open and refresh daily for new adds.

Good luck!

Spart

Reaction score
Hi,
Many thanks for all your reply's and advice.

As I have some previous mechanical experience it's never really worried me about buying my previous cars privately and any R that a dealer has would have been from an individual anyhow. Call me paranoid but rightly or wrongly I'm always wary of any warranties unless from a main dealer.

Interestingly during my interest in buying an R I have seen at least a couple of private cars advertised and subsequently bought buy dealers and then re-advertised with a large mark up. I always wonder why they think they can sell them at a higher price than the original owner never could. Maybe there are enough people out there who will only buy from a dealer or maybe they know the classic car status of the R is about to kick in and prices go through the roof!

I would have thought that a saving of £1500 to £2000 pre dealer would pay for a good 3rd party warrantee or even any repairs required.
It looks like new stock is constantly coming into dealers hands and from my point of view it would be good to get one of those before it does.

Something else I've not come across on other cars I've been looking for is that there seems to be quite a few R's being sold from Northern Ireland (there are 2 on autotrader now). They look good value but really no idea about the possible pitfalls from buying over there.

However following your advice I will contact a couple of dealers and see how flexible they are but I'm in no hurry.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Most people have the Peugeot Platinum Warranty, which is actually very good, when the 3 year manufacturer warranty runs out. Dealers who buy a privately sold one will most probably add this free of charge, like mind did, which of course is incorporated into the asking price that they have bumped up. It does give an extra peace of mind.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
The Peugeot Platinum Warranty is an excellent option. I had to buy mine privately, having owned my Z since before the manufacturers warranty expired.
I have just had my entire clutch assembly replaced FOC under this warranty. The bill was £1600.

If you can get an R with this included it would be an excellent choice. :thumbup:

Spart

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
The Peugeot Platinum Warranty is an excellent option. I had to buy mine privately, having owned my Z since before the manufacturers warranty expired.
I have just had my entire clutch assembly replaced FOC under this warranty. The bill was £1600.

If you can get an R with this included it would be an excellent choice. :thumbup:

Mmm might be tricky as the main dealers seem to want to add 3 to 4k compared to anyone else.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Guppy said:
Hi

I spent 2 month searching for the right Z.

try.... http://www.newsnow.com and type "rcz r for sale" in the search box, this will bring up every add from every website within the UK. Saves visiting multiple sites. Tip... keep the page open and refresh daily for new adds.

Good luck!

Just thought I'd post what I see as interesting concerning the R.

I did search using Guppies above link and there are several R's for sale including one at £19,995
But what I have noticed after having a look on some of the cars, is what they deem the R to be worth after 4 years.
I looked at a 14 plate with 27k on clock, it said payments of 288 / month deposit this and interest that, this incidentally was on PCP which I totally disagree with but does keep the car industry moving.
Well it was the 4 year buy back figure that this thread is about, it said something like £4,888 Now this is the figure that they say the car should be worth after the four years on PCP.
So, an 8 year old RCZ R is projected to be worth £5K !!! If that is true, I've just blown £15k but I will of had some mega fun, no more importantly...... you'll be able to buy a hell of a lot of car for that £5k.
Interestingly the PCP car ended up just £1,000 more over the 4 years over the conventional hire purchase agreement car.
Food for thought I just found it interesting and thought I'd share my findings / view !!!

:beer: