What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ R Vs Audi TT 3,2

A

Anonymous

Colleagues are looking for a car that will be fun car, but it will also be a safe car for an inexperienced person. I care about safe predictable driving in bad road conditions, on slippery roads. I am considering two models:

- Peugeot RCZ R
- Audi TT 8J 3,2 V6 Quattro Haldex

I have found many opinions about the unpredictability of the haldex system with slipping at higher speeds. As it is in RCZ R, does the Thorsen differential limit the possibility of losing control when changing direction?

RCZ-R

Reaction score
"Does the Torsen differential limit the possibility of losing control when changing direction?"

It depends. When you look at the way how a Torsen LSD works expecting from it a kind of "additional ESP" is pretty far fetched. Especially at high speeds where the wheel speed difference dimishes (or can you tackle a 90° corner at 150 mph?)
But maybe your concern is a different one? Maybe you're concerned the RCZ R is not stable enough at high speeds? Is it that?

A

Anonymous

That's exactly what I mean. I mean stability at high speeds on the highway. Stability of changing direction when overtaking another vehicle on the highway. I mean speed of 150-200 km / h. I am interested in the stability of both the 200KM model and the 270KM torsen model

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I have the 200 GT, and it is the most sure-footed car I have ever owned. It is also the fastest car I have ever owned. Putting the two facts together should tell you that I am more than happy with how the RCZ performs in terms of road holding at speed.

I have only driven one TT previously, which was an early model, so a little unfair to compare, but it wasn't a patch on the Z.

I haven't driven an R, but it is my understanding that it even surpasses the 200, so I doubt that the TT will better it for the purposes you are interested in.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I love my 200 gt as well.
Goes round corners like a house fly :cool:

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

DKZ5745

Reaction score
And of course don't forget the most obvious thing of all,

The Z is the Cinderella to the ugly sister TT ;)

A

Anonymous

I'm practically determined on RCZ. All the time I have a huge dilemma or add to RCZ R. In practice, this car is twice as expensive. 200KM I am considering in the first generation.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
I have driven:
- the 1gen RCZ 156 THP for a week
- the 2gen RCZ 200 THP for a day

Driven both cars at almost all speeds, up to 235 kmh for the 156 THP and up to about 220 kmh for the 200 THP.

The 1gen 156 THP doesn't fell at home at those speeds. You feel the front wobble.

But as we talk here about the 200 vs 270 I can tell you the 200 THP feels very stable and planted. But the R is just another step up. Like switching from Economy to Business on a flight.

I can assure you the R has absolutely no issues at speeds beyond 200 kmh. 250 kmh is not an issue at all. Mine does 269 kmh and feels still planted. I have done plenty of autobahn races against TTs and none of them could keep up at speeds beyond 230 kmh on an autobahn with a lot of long stretching bends.
I sometimes play a game, called "radical lane changes at speeds beyond 230 kmh". I know, it sounds like I'm a mad man putting danger to itself and others. But believe me, in the R it is just a game, something this car does with pleasure and not a drop of sweat is part of this process. You change lanes at those speeds like you'd be playing Forza Motorsport. And the R runs like on rails.
On top of that, the R, or generally the RCZ is very stable in wet conditions. It depends on the tyre but even sport tyres like the Michelin PSS allow for very high speeds in wet conditions.

Being stable at high speeds is the least issue of the RCZ.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
motoluka said:
I'm practically determined on RCZ. All the time I have a huge dilemma or add to RCZ R. In practice, this car is twice as expensive. 200KM I am considering in the first generation.

The running costs on the R are significant higher than on the 200THP. Just take the very expensive front brakes. Replacing the discs and the pads is close to 2000 quids at the stealer.

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
I find Hard to believe that you went 235 with a 156thp

I agree that it is a very stable car and you can easily Change lanes at high speeds (200+++)
I have A tuned 156 and i feel very safe even with speeds over 230

RCZ-R

Reaction score
ONLY AEK said:
I find Hard to believe that you went 235 with a 156thp

I agree that it is a very stable car and you can easily Change lanes at high speeds (200+++)
I have A tuned 156 and i feel very safe even with speeds over 230

It did go 235 on the speedo.
Somewhere on my HD I must have pictures of this 156THP. I remember doing a car shooting with it in a rural area back then with my first DSLR.

EDIT: My memories blinded me, I'm sorry. It was close to 225 than 235.
Attached the speedo pic, taken with my old school Nokia phone back than

Attachments

• Bild0117r.jpg
    Bild0117r.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 4,712

2retro

Reaction score
RCZ-R said:
Attached the speedo pic, taken with my old school Nokia phone back than
Now that's what I call having balls of steel! 235kph one handed while you take a picture?! lol :eek: :clap:

A

Anonymous

I can say that the RCZ is a very enjoyable car. I use to love the handling, but it's a personal opinion. I would always suggest the best tyres, as they'll give a totally different feel of the car. Avoid cheap, hard tyres. When driving to Scotland, during the winter and some snow, even under quite miserable weather, I wasn't caught off guard during the 6 hours drive each way.

aladdinsane

Reaction score
hi guys
im new here but i can confirm the the rcz 200 is the best car i have driven at speed , my last car was a tt and thus far outperforms the tt at speed . although i have only done 115mph at the moment.but its sticks like glue.THE BEST CAR AND THE MOST BEAUTIFUL :dance: