What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ R Spark Plugs

E.C.Ewe

Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to find out what spark plugs are suitable for the RCZ R. Whilst I got mine from a main dealer they are reluctant to share information on specific service items with me. I do have a Peugeot Assist warranty as well but I would just like to know what other R owners use in theirs. The main dealer have emphasised the importance of changing plug annually and the difficulty which smells like BS to me. I am pretty adept mechanically servicing ALL my cars previously, but haven't worked on an RCZ R engine before. I suppose I could take one out one of it's plugs and have a look, but thought I could ask here first. Searches on spark plug related sites only bring up plugs for the lower power output engines which might use the same plugs but I'd like to be sure.

Also the Castrol website recommends Magnatec 0W-30 C2 fully synthetic engine oil for the RCZ R. I thought they would recommend their Edge oil but their site doesn't or hasn't.

The dealer said it had been serviced prior to me buying it but has not provided any paperwork to substantiate any work, just a stamp in the service book which frankly worries me.

I'd like fresh plugs, oil and filters.

Any advice helps greatly appreciated.

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
I use r's spark plugs although I have thp156

I don't think there are any other suitable plugs in the market

I have them now for almost 3 years (and 15000 km) and I bought a new set to change them

Peugeot recommends to change them annually but don't forget that r is a sports car and performance is what is all about

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I’m sure you should change the R’s plugs annually but it obviously depends on mileage I also use the uprated R plugs in my 156,NGK iridium.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
If the dealer has maintained the vehicle then the whole scope of works must be in the computer. They store it all. A print out should be doable.

As for the plugs, just take one out and have a look at what type sits in your engine. This is a no-brainer job.

tianorth

Reaction score
Mine had only done 80-100 miles from the last plug change.

I have marked up the spark plug and coil pack with vehicle reg and which cylinder it came from (whether that matches the Peugeot cylinder number is a different matter).

I ask for the parts back that have been replaced, (yes they are now even giving me the oil filter back).
I write how much mileage they have done.

I took out the new plugs and replaced them with the used, marked up ones (this ensures I get my parts back).
I also ask that they mark the filters with date and mileage.

They do this for both of my RCZ's!

tianorth

Reaction score
If you PM me you VIN number and email address I can send you a pdf of the service schedule for your RCZ.

I know the spark plugs for the RCZ-R are only available from Peugeot, Citroen or BMW Mini main dealerships.

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
i finally changed my "R" spark plugs after 3 years and 17000 km of use

its too bad i didnt take any pictures but the plugs where in great condition and defenitelly in no need of changing

so no reason for me to change them annually especially with their price