What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ R Peugeot demo car - wrong seats

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Saw this and thought it was interesting to note the seats, it's also got a carbon roof which is rare for the R.
It may be a myth that the European RCZ R came with heated electronic seats and the old audio system, purely because of this review.
Now this guy is German ( English speaking ) and he likes the ..... Audi Titi, but he is plesently surprised byt he performance of the RCZ R that he is driving.
See what you think if you haven't already seen it a trillion times.....

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCRw4g6oFjk[/youtube]

RCZ-R

Reaction score
As an owner I'm somehow biased about my car but putting me aside, I never had a passenger who wouldn't praise the interior's styling and material quality. Even by fanatic Audi fanboys. Also during night driving the interior illumination found approval by most passengers. No one claimed it is outdated or ghastly.

When it comes to the media system which he also blames, yes, it hasn't/hadn't Android 4.4 UI design (4.4 was released on smartphones around 2013/14) but it still is easy to operate and looks more than OK to me. Voice recognition works just great at any speed. And we know the R tends to be loudish at high speeds. Still, it works and entering a destination while keeping both hands at the wheel is easily accomplished.

Flimsy build quality? I dunno. Depends on how you perceive quality. When it is only about some squeaky door handles and a bit cheap-looking plastics in the lower bottom of the interior then most Audi are not better than the R. I challenge anyone to go to the next Audi dealer and check out the newest A6 interior (the newest one, because with the new gen their quality requirements on interior parts deteriorated). It also is equipped with mediocre looking plastics.
The R isn't a Rolls Royce, but it isn't a Dacia either.

But when quality means keeping up a high level of quality of fitment and material surface for a longer period than the first shiny months of ownership, then I salute to the Peugeot RCZ R. I also own a Lexus, so I allow myself some comparisons and references. The pug isn't on Lexus level, but the level it maintains easily outguns its competitors in this price range. My R with almost 200.000 km on the ODO and always rushed with high pace still maintains a flawless interior. I have literally no wear off at any button/surface/whatsoever. Still looking like new. Only on the steering wheel some of the leather shows a bit of wear off. Something like you would see on other cars with only 40.000 on the ODO.
And not a single rattle, clonking or shaking of parts while driving. Nothing.
Only down side is the driver's seat which is a bit thru. But only a bit. Nothing which takes some of the comfort or support of those seats away.
I'm really blown away by the high long-term quality of the interior. And in my opinion that counts more than some shiny plastics for the first months and then the misery of having to deal with worn interior parts.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
I agree 100%.

I think this car might have been possibly rushed for the auto reporters, that centre arm rest and console, barely look fixed down, mine has no movement at all. The squeaky door handle, he must be inserting considerable force to do that, in my opinion.
Lets not forget this car was manufactured by Magna Steyr who also have made the Jaguar and Range Rovers, you wouldn't hear people say they are flimsy built, or not constructed to a high standard.
I recall when I went to collect my car after it had been wrapped, the guy said " this car was well put together and all the parts are so tight " now that's testament to the build quality, and this guy takes apart Lambos / Ferraris / Mclarens etc so he would know a good fit or not !
RCZ-R - does your R have the NG4 unit and the heated seats like in this video, or is it as we got in the UK RT6 and Alcantara leather?

Cheers !! ( don't forget - she's a keeper ! LOL ) :thumbup:

French Letter

Reaction score
Car Reviewers are a dime a dozen. Depends on their day. And if someone cut them off in traffic, etc. I've seen some bizarre comments from these people. One said that it was too far a reach, to grab the seat belt. :sleeping-yellow:

Now this chicky-babe knows all about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRePnW3qJmE

I'd love to go down to Brighton for the weekend.
She could drive even . . . :twisted:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Hey French letter...
Hands off she's a pom !!!
We can cover our side thanks...

Good video, I thought she looked a bit cold and needed some Australian sun [SUN BEHIND CLOUD].

Another good review !

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
I agree 100%.

I think this car might have been possibly rushed for the auto reporters, that centre arm rest and console, barely look fixed down, mine has no movement at all. The squeaky door handle, he must be inserting considerable force to do that, in my opinion.
Lets not forget this car was manufactured by Magna Steyr who also have made the Jaguar and Range Rovers, you wouldn't hear people say they are flimsy built, or not constructed to a high standard.
I recall when I went to collect my car after it had been wrapped, the guy said " this car was well put together and all the parts are so tight " now that's testament to the build quality, and this guy takes apart Lambos / Ferraris / Mclarens etc so he would know a good fit or not !
RCZ-R - does your R have the NG4 unit and the heated seats like in this video, or is it as we got in the UK RT6 and Alcantara leather?

Cheers !! ( don't forget - she's a keeper ! LOL ) :thumbup:

I understand that each one of us has its own favorites among cars. That also applies to testers. They never are neutral in their views/reviews even if they claim otherwise. So it is absolutely OK to criticize and like/dislike some details on a car. Or the whole car. I rather have a bit biased review than a cold-heart written review by some automotive AI. Let's hope this is never going to happen.

The door handles are squeaky :lol: ! But only when it is hot inside the car and the plastics have expanded. Then when you grab them and squeeze like a lemon, they squeak. I don't mind. I'd rather take this than some interior surfaces dissolving because they are premium quality and react chemically to hand lotions, etc. (no bullshit here, this is what german car makers actually take as an excuse when customers blame the interior disintegrating after a short period).

All body parts are still glued rock hard on my car. The skirts, inliners, all the stuff on the body work which usually wear off quickly due to vibrations is still like new. I have a lot of stone chips on the front but the rest of the paint is still shiny.

Yes, I opted for the NG4 device and kept the R seats. The full leather heated seats were on the option list over here in ze germany.

Oh yeah, she's a keeper :mrgreen:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
That's interesting, I didn't buy my R from New so didn't know if any options were given, we would have to ask someone like Pete Garrett he might know if options were available as he bought his new.
From what I was told, here in the UK that the garage owners / managers were tasked to what options they would get on the R's they would sell.
It's like the parking sensors, these were an option for the front ! You would think they would be standard, but they weren't.
I did find out though, that only 30 RCZ R's were made available to the Australian market and who knows what kit they came with.
Also interesting that you chose the NG4, this is my favourite even though it didn't stream via Bluetooth.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Yep, front parking sensors were also an option. Front sensors, JBL sound system, the NG4 and the red paint. That's all on the list of options I took.
I took the NG4 because of some features it provided over the RT6. I don't recall exactly what it was, maybe voice recognition? Or something else. For sure I did not take just for the 3D views in cities. Still I enjoyed it a lot in the Alps when you see all those summits on the screen and the alpine roads winding up and down on those.