What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rcz R on steroids for sale!

Charlie1875

Reaction score
There’s a R on autotrader with off road suspension fitted! i wonder what the hells going on with that one,

on a positive note it’s priced on the cheap side, could Be a bargain for someone good with the spanner’s

Kerr

Reaction score
That car was up for sale a few weeks back and mentioned on another thread.

It looked like it sold quickly and it is now back on. Maybe the fixes aren't so cheap. I suspect the dealer is selling it cheap for a reason.

Flanners

Reaction score
Jeez that's beyond Brave Pill....what the hell have they done

M19YEA

Reaction score
The one for sale at Tadley looks real nice. I would have had that, had I not settled for my GT Line.

Flanners

Reaction score
yes it does; odd how the pricing fluctuates quickly for these; I would want that sort of money+ for mine...but it does seems a lot of buyers don't or can't buy privately

Claret63

Reaction score
yes it does; odd how the pricing fluctuates quickly for these; I would want that sort of money+ for mine...but it does seems a lot of buyers don't or can't buy privately

Agree, perhaps it’s a big risk buying privately for some, I think you really need to know these cars to do that.

I was caught out slightly with mine, but there was no way I would have purchased it without the Peugeot warranty and the pile of receipts and history it came with.

M19YEA

Reaction score
It helps massively if you know what issues you are looking for.
Less owners the better for me, I’m sure that one has only had 1.
Funny you mention the pricing as I remember some decent ones being for up for around 12 which I thought was abit low.

Claret63

Reaction score
I thought I did know what I was looking for with mine, as we already had an RCZ GT HDI, but the R is a completely different proposition in my opinion, in retrospect I wasn’t thorough enough with my inspection, disappointing really as I am good with the spanner’s.

There was an R came up shortly after I bought mine for the same money, but with only 11k miles on it, wish I had got that one, mine was on 35k, the one with 11k though had no extended warranty, still think I would have gone for it though.

M19YEA

Reaction score
How were you caught out with your R?
It’s often the case after buying, another one potentially better comes up. I guess it’s how long you’re prepared to wait.

Claret63

Reaction score
How were you caught out with your R?
It’s often the case after buying, another one potentially better comes up. I guess it’s how long you’re prepared to wait.

The auxiliary belt under tray was missing, they do hang low so are easily caught, the R doesn’t have a full engine under tray.

I sort of knew something was missing but wasn’t overly concerned as the car had just been serviced and MOTd at Peugeot with no mention of the missing tray.

Also I had one wheel that couldn’t be refurbished as the R logo is very low, so I purchased two new as I like things perfect.

The cost of the undertray with new fixings was eye watering to say the least, but I wanted things perfect underneath, so I did a full refresh fixing wise on all the main undertray after removal and re fixing.

I had budgeted for a full brake re fresh as I had picked that up on the inspection, callipers we’re done under warranty.

The one in Tadley looks a good car, drivers seat a little to worn for me, but like anything can be fixed.

Like Flanners I would want more for mine if selling, as I think to get one with everything done is rare, therefore a justification for a higher price.

I accept there is a ceiling on these cars, but you ain’t going to get a good one cheap.

M19YEA

Reaction score
Ah so just one or two things.
where did you get the wheels from? The cost of them on Peugeot parts direct is crazy. Same as the undertray as you mentioned.
totally agree with what your saying regarding the price, the lower it is then something isn’t right for me.

Claret63

Reaction score
Wheels from Peugeot parts direct, they had a sale on at the time of purchase.

I do wonder though how many R s have the belt undertray fitted or if it’s damaged.

One of my little jobs this year is to sort the pink deposit from the turbo insulation, going to try and claim for new cover on the warranty first, otherwise plan b.

M19YEA

Reaction score
Getting the wheels refurb is on my list at some point.
some of road humps around here are ridiculous, so I bet there are many damaged or not even on.