What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ R, Oil Pressure Warning and Oil Leak

swisspilot101

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

So my RCZ R is from 2014 and I got it from a shop in 2020 with 23'000km. Since then I've driven it a lot and have now 75'000km. Never ran into problems except for the brake calliper isues common on these Alcon brake sets, which are now fixed.

I was driving on the highway in a 80km/h zone and then accelerated once the 120km/h zone came back. After reaching this speed, I shifted from 4th to 5th to 6th gear. I got an oil pressure warning right after that and stopped immediafely on the side of the highway. A slight smell of burned oil emanated into the cabin and as I checked the underfloor I could see oil dripping out of the front left side (when looking at the engine from the front). It had accumulated to be I'd say roughly 50cm in diameter.

Does anyone know what the cause could be and if this a common issue on the RCZ R?

THANKS!

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
My guess is timing chain tensioner has come loose and is letting oil out I've heard this happen to a few R’s

Pedro

Reaction score
Someone else posted the same problem in the same location I did post up diags but you would need to go digging to find the post's but as Nell suggested the timing tensioner can weep oil under pressure from escaping out of the threads ( No thread Lock is suspected to be the culprit)

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Someone else posted the same problem in the same location I did post up diags but you would need to go digging to find the post's but as Nell suggested the timing tensioner can weep oil under pressure from escaping out of the threads ( No thread Lock is suspected to be the culprit)
One of our members on the RCZUK fb group had a nasty moment whilst on a motorway in Germany warning came up on dash stop immediately he pulled into hard shoulder with a trail of oil following him culprit chain tensioner had worked loose! 🤦‍♂️ After that he had engine problems which took around 4K to sort basically a top end rebuild.