What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ-R Gear knob

A

Anonymous

Bigleigh and myself have decided to go for something a little smaller!! (not sure why he is called that?) - (I always think Leigh's are boys as my dad is called Lee!, but now I think about it Leigh could be a girl?)

I think the subtle look will look nice, not got mine yet!! (Leigh's idea, see photo of the knob on link below)

But it will still get hot!

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8355&p=104031&hilit=knob#p104031

But after seeing Leigh's knob I had to get one!

Reaction score
After owning many cars over the years I have held many knobs but I after say this knob feels the best, it fits my hand perfectly & feels so nice to hold I wish this had been the first knob I had held as I would not have bothered with all the other knobs that have passed through my hand so the R knob is for me whether hot or cold. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

As I have a black car I think the red bits in the R knob will be too many colours...

To me it has to be a black of silver knob.

And as my car came with a black knob inside it already

So it had to be a silver knob...

and I guess I'm just not a fan of two toned knobs, imagine if you you woke up and your knob was black and blue, you'd certainly be concerned.

However if you have a RCZ R with the red stitching interior or if you have a red RCZ or if you have an RCZ and got the wife to sew red stitching around all your seats then perhaps a two toned knob would look good.

I suppose if you had a blue RCZ you may also be quite happy to wake up to discover your knob was black and blue.

I guess everyone has there own know preference. And I'm just happy Bigleigh sent me photos of his knob

Abzynthe

Reaction score
That is true. But the R knob is easily rectified with some vinyl to match the car. RCZ performance has yellow inserts to match the yellow vinyl interior bits. Myself and Lee have carbon vinyl inserts to match carbon wrapped interior bits. :)

As you say, its personal preference :)

Who will be the first to have an 8 ball knob then? ;)

Bigleigh

Reaction score
8 ball gears knobs are so tacky and has no place in a Z :lol:
Looked at that knob for a 308 ligne S you mentioned Abzynthe and it looks a beauty.

A

Anonymous

Regarding the knob .. i.ll be gettIng the rcz r black and the footplate rest as chrimbo pressies. Now as i always check things out before buying. I popped over to my local pug dealer and enquired the costs of them fitting said items. £67 + vat...£80.... :shock:
well i will do them myself.. i believe the footplate is easy enough ?
Abz has fitted his own knob and i believe it involves strength and alot of pulling the knob ?
Any input welcome ...

renegade79

Reaction score
Footrest is a five minute job with a drill. Even if you don't have a drill the screws will screw into carpet with a screwdriver, as for the gear knob I think it just pulls off with a bit of brute force. £80 is ridiculous money. Do it yourself and get the satisfaction from doing it yourself

RCZ1

Reaction score
Cossack said:
Regarding the knob .. i.ll be gettIng the rcz r black and the footplate rest as chrimbo pressies. Now as i always check things out before buying. I popped over to my local pug dealer and enquired the costs of them fitting said items. £67 + vat...£80.... :shock:
well i will do them myself.. i believe the footplate is easy enough ?
Abz has fitted his own knob and i believe it involves strength and alot of pulling the knob ?
Any input welcome ...

I popped my car round to my dealer when picking up my RCZ gear knob and asked if they could fit it for me. They did it in about 20 seconds all free of charge.

A

Anonymous

Might just do that RCZ1 as have Z booked in for diagnosis of a low pitched whinning noise when i set off from standstill turning left or right. It comes and goes so decided it needed attention.
Also fingers crossed i get map update on sat nav for free. They said if its an update no charge but upgrade is charged.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Hmmm, sounds like a grammatical arguement :eusa-think:

The map UPDATE will give you the latest maps, and will also UPGRADE the sat nav to accept 7 digit postcodes, so long as you have UPDATED the software to V 2.8 see sat nav update thread. :wtf: