What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ-R First Service - What? When? Huh?

stagger321

Reaction score
Hiya,

OK, so I confused by the service interval on my RCZ-R.

My car is a March 2014 RCZ-R. I have just tipped over the 10,000miles point.

The cars welcome screen is showing "Service due in 9,900 miles or 8 weeks"
When I put the current mileage into the "MyPeugeot" website, the service plan page is showing service due in "12,500 miles or 12-03-2015 (whichever comes first)"
Oh, and the Peugeot web site for the RCZ shows "Every year or 20,000 miles" http://www.servicing.peugeot.co.uk/peugeot-service-intervals/

So which is it?

Ta, in advance.

renegade79

Reaction score
i think the first service interval on all new z's is 10,000 miles. the service interval on mk1's used to be 20,000 miles but i think some clever clog decided to make more money by shortening the interval to 10,000 miles. now i'm not 100% sure about the R but i reckon first service of it will be the same as the 200 - i.e. 10,000 miles.
what does your manual say??

stagger321

Reaction score
Didn't get a manual with car, despite it only being 6 months old, and despite me ringing original dealer up explaining that mine was missing.
Local dealer won't give me one, but will charge me £9 approx to order one for me. Nice.

Online version of manual gives you no idea - just mentions the cars on-screen welcome screen dialog.

Checked with local dealer/service dept, and they are saying that its 20k or 1year (from official Peugeot service guide).

So FYI for other owners it appears this site gives the right info (at least for the RCZ) - http://www.servicing.peugeot.co.uk/peugeot-service-intervals/

The cars led display is 1/2 right (mileage) and the MyPeugeot site is 1/2 right (timing).

You would have thought this was a simple thing to get right.

tianorth

Reaction score
The servicing schedules changed around July 2012.

Prior to this date car schedule service was 2 year or 20k which ever came soonest (with an interim service for I think oil and oil filter change - the inbetween year).
After this date 1 year or 20k which ever came first.

Quote "The cars welcome screen is showing "Service due in 9,900 miles or 8 weeks"
When I put the current mileage into the "MyPeugeot" website, the service plan page is showing service due in "12,500 miles or 12-03-2015 (whichever comes first)"

This might be because the car was activated early and it's going off the day it was activated.
My car was bought 3 weeks before I picked it up so I had 5 weeks of being told service overdue.

tianorth

Reaction score
stagger321 said:
Didn't get a manual with car, despite it only being 6 months old, and despite me ringing original dealer up explaining that mine was missing.
Local dealer won't give me one, but will charge me £9 approx to order one for me. Nice.

Get in touch with Peugeot UK HQ and complain to them.
Since they are the ones who cover warranty issues and it's a service and warranty book which should have your car details in.

stagger321

Reaction score
tianorth said:
stagger321 said:

Get in touch with Peugeot UK HQ and complain to them.
Since they are the ones who cover warranty issues and it's a service and warranty book which should have your car details in.
I will do mate - but not now.
Getting the rip in the underfloor of my car, and the two damaged/bend jacking points fixed is priority at this point.

Will look at the missing manual when that's sorted. Don't want to muddy the waters by stirring things up about a owners manual at this point.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
hi Stagger,

there is a lot of confusion at pug dealers about R's service interval. I can for 100% certainty tell you that the R has to go into service each 12.500 miles.

Do not get distracted by the service notice on the car's display. It is wrong.

My service notice on the display was also set to 20.000 or 2 years which is absolutely wrong and dangerous for the R engine. DO NOT do it to your lady.

My R has already been into first service after 13.000 miles (I missed the 12.500 mark cause my dealer was checking with the standard RCZ155/200 service interval only and insisting on the 20k interval). But I found out on my own that the R has to go in every 12.500 miles or even every 9.000 if driven very very hard.

Bring her in, give her fresh oil as a xmas gift :)

stagger321

Reaction score
RCZ-R said:
hi Stagger,

there is a lot of confusion at pug dealers about R's service interval. I can for 100% certainty tell you that the R has to go into service each 12.500 miles.

Do not get distracted by the service notice on the car's display. It is wrong.

My service notice on the display was also set to 20.000 or 2 years which is absolutely wrong and dangerous for the R engine. DO NOT do it to your lady.

My R has already been into first service after 13.000 miles (I missed the 12.500 mark cause my dealer was checking with the standard RCZ155/200 service interval only and insisting on the 20k interval). But I found out on my own that the R has to go in every 12.500 miles or even every 9.000 if driven very very hard.

Bring her in, give her fresh oil as a xmas gift :)
Thanks for that mate.
Do you have any documentation that I can put in front of my dealer for this.
My confidence levels with them are not especially high for a number of reasons. This being one of them.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
stagger321 said:
Thanks for that mate.
Do you have any documentation that I can put in front of my dealer for this.
My confidence levels with them are not especially high for a number of reasons. This being one of them.

Nothing in English, I'm afraid. Only in ze german. By the time I picked up the car from the dealer, he handed me a sheet over. A kind of add-on to the regular service book. The service book is still according to model year 2012. Therefore nothing special about the R was inside, beyond some technical data.
That sheet was listing all details about the R-specific maintenance.

If you put some pressure on them, they might have something in the computer by now. I even had had hard times with them about the brake pads. There was a change in the pad material for cars released in late 2013. Even though mine arrived in June 2014 I got those "old version" brake pads which were crap. They were gone after first service interval. Now they've put some decent DS performance pads on the car and the brakes are rocksolid now.

pete.garratt

Reaction score
I've got the sheet they gave me when I picked up my R. I was informed that this was the way they do it now for all vehicles. The explanation given was it was intended to eliminate confusion. Reach your own conclusions on how successful that's been!

Regrettably, the document I have is a .pdf, and it'll have to wait till I get home before I can post it here.

stagger321

Reaction score
Thanks RCZ-R.

Thanks Peter.
Yep, if you can post it here for download that would be great.
Saves protracted discussions at the dealers/service centre after 12.5k miles.

As I got this 6 months old, and as posted they did not supply the Owners Manual (which I realized after 120 mile round trip to collect), I also did not get this infamous piece of paper.

It seems then the MyPeugeot site is the one to follow......plus the piece of paper/pdf of course.

Ta all.

P.S. BTW 12,500 miles is approx 20,000km, so I think this is a unit conversion c*ck-up with the cars service indicator. :eusa-think:

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Exactly the same sheet I got with the hand-over of my car keys! Thumbs up! It matches exactly the servicing interval of my local version.

12.500 miles equates to 20.000 km. After the service was done they also changed the in-car's service display to 20.000 km or 1 year.

stagger321

Reaction score
RCZ-R said:
Exactly the same sheet I got with the hand-over of my car keys! Thumbs up! It matches exactly the servicing interval of my local version.

12.500 miles equates to 20.000 km. After the service was done they also changed the in-car's service display to 20.000 km or 1 year.
Cool.

So how did they change it to KM, when your display is (I assume) in miles. How can you mix and match the units? I though it was miles or KM - but not both. Or as you are on the continent are you running KM anyway?

BTW, the indication of plugs change after a year surprises me.
Even my 10 year old MG had Platinum plugs which last 4 years/60k. Not saying this to suggest we scrimp and save, it just surprises me a little.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
stagger321 said:
Cool.

So how did they change it to KM, when your display is (I assume) in miles. How can you mix and match the units? I though it was miles or KM - but not both. Or as you are on the continent are you running KM anyway?

BTW, the indication of plugs change after a year surprises me.
Even my 10 year old MG had Platinum plugs which last 4 years/60k. Not saying this to suggest we scrimp and save, it just surprises me a little.

Now that is simple :) Have a look at my location, it is Germany :greetings-wavingblue:
My R is driven on kilometers rather than on miles.

Yeah, those spark plugs to be changed every other 12.500 miles is kind of weird. I put it down to the extreme temperatures the R engine is generating. Warming up the turbo is very important BUT even more to properly cool down the car before engine stop. I always take a short cool down road before driving into garage.
Due to EU6 the engine operates at higher water temperatures and that downpipe including turbo housing is glowing bright yellow after each speedy run.
Therefore, take proper care of her!

tianorth

Reaction score
Just been into my dealership and they have a RCZ-R in the showroom.

Got them to check on the service schedule for it and this is what they came back with :-

As yet this is still for sale!

Timing belt is to be changed at 80,000 miles (from the technician)

Attachments

• Rcz-R Service Schedule.jpg
    Rcz-R Service Schedule.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 6,957
A

Anonymous

13 plates onwards, Hdi anyway is check at 1000 miles, then a service every 20000 miles or one year, whichever comes sooner. That's what it says in my service booklet. Vauxhalls are the same too, every 20k or one year, whichever comes sooner. I believe RCZ from 2010 -2012 were 10k.

tianorth

Reaction score
leenineplus said:
13 plates onwards, Hdi anyway is check at 1000 miles, then a service every 20000 miles or one year, whichever comes sooner. That's what it says in my service booklet. Vauxhalls are the same too, every 20k or one year, whichever comes sooner. I believe RCZ from 2010 -2012 were 10k.

This is true for the HDi but this thread has been about the RCZ-R.

As they produce a lot more power their servicing is different and there has been a lot of conflicting advice from dealerships and Peugeot.

stagger321

Reaction score
tianorth said:
leenineplus said:

This is true for the HDi but this thread has been about the RCZ-R.

As they produce a lot more power their servicing is different and there has been a lot of conflicting advice from dealerships and Peugeot.
Re your last point - ain't that the truth bro.

I don't think dis-information is just limited to the R mind, although it seems even worst - maybe due to the rarity.
Having said that you'd think that this would not be a difficult task for Peugeot UK, to ensure each dealers service manager would have the right info to hand. :roll: It is not la science de fusée