What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ R : "Engine fault - Repair needed" but NO error codes

Sunseeker

Reaction score
Yo folks , sup ? :)
As the title says , got today the engine fault advise on screen.
NO engine light.
Car is going PERFECTLY , not a single issue , no power cuts / no high temps / no fan activations .
The warning pop off just 4/5 seconds after the car is on.
If i turn off the car , and then turn the key in standby mode , NO ERRORS in the car's history menu.
Car's already checked via OBD by a pro software , NO CODES ERRORS reported ,
even with multiple software reading refreshes with car on and the /!\ sign up on the main display.
I've left the car out my box for 2 nights with cold a humid weather,
plus in these 2 last months i used the car rarely , only for some weekend.
I'm starting to think that is something about battery capacity going down cause low usage/weather
and i've already readed on the net that can cause that kind of strange errors with no codes.
I repeat , car goes flawlessy as always , new oil , new NGK coils , sparks not yet changed ( 10k km's atm , still have new ones ready ).
Something to suggest that can help ?
Thank you indeed :)

Pedro

Reaction score
Maybe its low battery power but this will affect some ancillaries like radio etc & a continuous "Economy mode warning " or possibly the atmospheric temp sensor in the door mirror ?

Sunseeker

Reaction score
Tomorrow got a new OBD reader incoming from amazon.
I hope at least to have some error code , if i will have nothing means car to Peugeot Service, with all the downs of the case ( € lol )
Tried today to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and replug in but no way , the error comes back ( but still NO engine led on )
I want to check if , for some reason , there is a 50Ah battery onboard , and in this case i will replace it with a brand new Bosch S5 60AH.
Anyway hoping is nothing serious cause car , in 76k km's have only showed a dead coil and a starter engine gone.
Updates soon :)

Last edited:

Sunseeker

Reaction score
Ok , got news !
This can be useful to someone else so it's a good chance to share info's about stuff that costs money lul

My ODB showed 2 errors :
P0597
P0039
Both confirmed by Peugeot official car tester

Basically , i'm going to change Thermostat and the Turbo bypass valve.
So it seems it's not the battery.
Will update soon :)

Sunseeker

Reaction score
Yo folks :)

So there is an interesting news ( maybe it's not for you ) :

RCZ-R stock thermostat is replaced by a new different one by Peugeot direct official statement.
Stock one is faulty , i've readed the official Peugeot internal tech bulletin.
The replacement is A PAIN IN THE ASS due to the position very unconfortable to manage ( wires everyfuckinwere :/ )
I've replaced aswell the turbo back-pressure valve ( the one near pop-off ).
Maybe it's just placebo effect, but holy shit car's running much smoother now.

250€ total , having a good friend as official Peugeot car mechanic means a lot :D

Hope this can help someone else ;)

Andyrcz

Reaction score
Yo folks :)

So there is an interesting news ( maybe it's not for you ) :

RCZ-R stock thermostat is replaced by a new different one by Peugeot direct official statement.
Stock one is faulty , i've readed the official Peugeot internal tech bulletin.
The replacement is A PAIN IN THE ASS due to the position very unconfortable to manage ( wires everyfuckinwere :/ )
I've replaced aswell the turbo back-pressure valve ( the one near pop-off ).
Maybe it's just placebo effect, but holy shit car's running much smoother now.

250€ total , having a good friend as official Peugeot car mechanic means a lot :D

Hope this can help someone else ;)
I have just had my rcz for a few months and Its the most frustrating car I have ever owned.
I love it when it’s working and hate it when it throws a dash fault . I can’t fond any codes.
Sounds like you had the similar issues.
Did this fix your faults.
With the bypass valve.
Any one else with any good ideas to fix these faults.

Sunseeker

Reaction score
I have just had my rcz for a few months and Its the most frustrating car I have ever owned.
I love it when it’s working and hate it when it throws a dash fault . I can’t fond any codes.
Sounds like you had the similar issues.
Did this fix your faults.
With the bypass valve.
Any one else with any good ideas to fix these faults.
Hi sorry for the delay.

Absolutely yes , i fixed the problem.
The most common problems on that car ( mine is an R ) :
- turbo pressure bypass valve ( CHANGE IT ONLY with PIERBURG brand part !!! VERY IMPORTANT )
- hi-pressure fuel pump ( 84k km's - is gone - i discovered that the new part is different than the first one , WAAAAY better )

If u do not fix your problem with the new valve ( really cheap ) , check the fuel pressure pump.

Now my car is running like a dream from 5 months , feel like is reborned :D

RCZ-R

Reaction score
I can confirm about the bypass valve issue on the R engine.
I had those issues on my R aswell. I was able to adjust that valve a bit while I had the exhaust header unmounted. But that didn't fix the issue permanently. At very high engine load over longer period it got leaky. So it had to be replaced.

@Sunseeker
Nice hint with the manufacturer! The longer the R is on the market the better the knowledge about it.