What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ R Dyno results

GavBid30

Reaction score
Had the R put on Dyno, it's got 13 extra horses, it's only got a Comkotes Tuning TMSR3 Induction kit and runs on Shell V power.

The first run was 283 bhp, however the 2nd a 3rd runs were 260 bhp. The guy doing the dyno said its because I need a bigger intercooler as the engine got too hot

pete.garratt

Reaction score
In my experience, most Pug engines produce a few more HP than the book. (Was true on a couple of different 306s a few years back).

However, a dyno run is heavily dependent on temperature, atmospheric pressure etc. Also, many operators try to compensate for transmission losses to give you a ‘flywheel’ figure. How good these compensations are is anybody’s guess (unless you got some reliable calibration data?), so I’d take the figures with a pinch of salt.

Also, don’t think the air box would provide much of a performance boost, just a way of maintaining it for longer, due to the better filter. The Vpower fuel is probably doing its bit to keep the valves clean and the engine running smoothly.

The good news is, your engine’s fine and the air box hasn’t hobbled it.

GavBid30

Reaction score
Hi Pete

I just assumed that every engine left the factory with 270 bhp, not more not less.Good if you ended up with more horses tho. I'm tempted taking for a run without the kit on to see the difference.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Did you do the run during those hot days of 2018 summer?

While I did the dyno run on my R it was about +15 °C outside. And none of the subsequent runs showed a drop in bhp figures. See the link in my bio below.

GavBid30

Reaction score
I did mine last Sunday, it was 15 degrees and raining, so not a hot day. Your results would of been the same if it was the intercooler, having a lower 2nd and 3rd run, unless my intercooler is on its way out

RCZ-R

Reaction score
GavBid30 said:
I did mine last Sunday, it was 15 degrees and raining, so not a hot day. Your results would of been the same if it was the intercooler, having a lower 2nd and 3rd run, unless my intercooler is on its way out

Actually the results you see on my R is the output of 3rd or even 4th run on the dyno. They started in wrong gear and I had to tell them that the R has shorter gearing compared to other RCZs. So they did another run. But as always, there was a blower running in front of the car while on dyno.