What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ R dyno result - with over 50.000 on the clock

RCZ-R

Reaction score
hi guys,

Finally I found a quiet Saturday to visit a respected car tuning company in my area. Among others they of course do dyno runs on a rolling road.
I trust them as the results they always deliver are "realistic". I already put few cars on their rolling road and they never disappointed or produced some fairy-tales numbers.

Long story, here are the results (dyno chart attached):

power: 270PS (266.3 bhp) at 6109 rpm
torque: 354Nm (261 lb ft) at 3559 rpm

stock numbers are:
270PS at 6000 rpm
330Nm at 1900 rpm

Those are results on regular gas as I just had forgotten to brim her up with some vpower or smiliar before the run. I'm going to do another run on vpower nitro 100+ as the car pulls noticeable stronger on that fuel. But this will take some time.
And please mind the car has way over 50.000 miles on the clock now.

I drive the car the hard way. And I mean it. I always give her few miles of warm up and then all hell breaks loose. 155mph limiter, revving her to the redline, driving on the limit thru corners. I just really, really enjoy driving this car. Of course this is not the way I drive all the time but most of it.
Before I stop, I always let the turbo cool down.
Other than that, all is usual stuff. No modifications, no special treatment, just the typical Peugeot servicing.

Check out the chart and let me know your thoughts! :greetings-wavingblue:

Attachments

• RCZRdyno.png
    RCZRdyno.png
    167.7 KB · Views: 7,412

VictorRCZ

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the dyno results!

Did you also get the wheel horsepower data?

Edit: Just double checked the chart and saw the whp, just a loss of 26PS is awesome!

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Yes, low losses on the drivetrain. But keep in mind, this is a calculated value only.

I was just wondering how Pug managed to pull 330Nm at 1900 rpms as stated in their brochure?
My R pushes like 200Nm at 1900. Strange.

I personally prefer the torque curve you see above over any other typical "turbo-bumped" curve at low revs which then flattens the higher you go in the rpms.
When it comes to characteristics the R's engine feels rather like an N/A engine than turbo'ed.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Nice dyno results :)

Glad to hear you're being kind to the engine and let it warm up and cool off properly! It's the two most important steps!

RCZ-R

Reaction score
^Agree

People say, I drive fast but there is hardly any wear off. My last turbo car did 240.000 km without any engine parts to be replaced. The turbo turbine looked like new after that mileage.

renegade79

Reaction score
Wow! Impressive. If I take my GTi on a long hard run I've started using your trick of opening the bonnet to help it cool. Otherwise I just leave it idle for 40-60 seconds while I Use that time to send a few texts in the meantime!! :eusa-whistle:

RCZ-R

Reaction score
renegade79 said:
Wow! Impressive. If I take my GTi on a long hard run I've started using your trick of opening the bonnet to help it cool. Otherwise I just leave it idle for 40-60 seconds while I Use that time to send a few texts in the meantime!! :eusa-whistle:

One important hint about popping up the bonnet:
I dont know if the HDi has it too, but the R is equipped with an engine bay temperature sensor. When it senses heat is rising under the bonnet, it will speed up the radiator fans (independently from the AC) until that temperature drops.
Now, popping the hood up will have influence on that temperature reading. So what I do is before I put the car into garage is, I open the bonnet while the engine is running, check for the turbo (often it glows really, really yellow-bright) and let it idle until the turbo glow is gone. Then I close the bonnet and let it idle for another 20-30 sek to see if those fans kick in. During winter times, they never do. During summer, they usually do.
Then I can turn off the engine while being sure there won't be a lot of heat sticking to that turbo while it cools with the help of the stock turbo timer.

Usually you don't have to do all of it. Modern turbo parts can cope with all that heat easily.
But we love our cars, so we treat them with care :greetings-wavingblue:

tianorth

Reaction score
Does the RCZ-R have a mechanism for cooling the turbo down as mine was making a slight whining noise with the engine switched off, opened the bonnet and there was hot airflow from the turbo area left the bonnet up for probably 15+ minutes.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
tianorth said:
Does the RCZ-R have a mechanism for cooling the turbo down as mine was making a slight whining noise with the engine switched off, opened the bonnet and there was hot airflow from the turbo area left the bonnet up for probably 15+ minutes.

Yes, it has it. There is an electric water pump operating after engine shut down. It circulates water around the turbo housing (bearing) to prevent from oil burning on those hot turbo ball bearings. Usually that is sufficient to prevent from carbon residue build-up on those ball bearings which ultimately can lead to turbo ball bearing failure.
A proper cool down of the turbo is still recommended.