What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ R coilovers and new alloys

DanRo

Reaction score
After the engine tuning and the wrap it's time for fase three.

It took me a while but I finally made a choice for the following upgrade of my RCZ.
I ordered today the following :

Custom made KW Competition coilovers feature independent rebound and compression damping.

https://www.kwsuspensions.net/products/competition

Niche Misano alloys in matt black
Front 9x20 with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S (235/35)
Rear 10x20 with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S (275/30)

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Nice choice mate. Wheels will look awesome. I have 20x10 with 275/30 rears and they fill up the guards nicely. Look forward to seeing it!

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
veeeeerrrryyyyy nice!

great choices both!!

pictures asap!!!

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking forward to hearing what you think about the coilovers I've been looking at the same setup been looking at alloys but as yet only seen these that maybe will look good on my Z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanRo

Reaction score
The coilovers I ordered are custom and hand made by the Racing Division of KW :thumbup:

Before the mount they will mount them they will weight my car on all 4 wheels, so the can see the exact weight distribution over the four wheels. Then they mount them and put the car on the scale again to see the new weight distribution.

First of all they will set up the suspension to got same distribution of the front and the rear wheels as original.
Then because a car never way the same on the left and the right side they will in a second stage fine tune the suspension to get as close as possible an even weight distribution between the left side and the right side of the car.

After this the car will not only be Lowered but no the weight distribution will be close the perfect. Together with much stiffer coilovers I think I will really be able to feel the difference. The only un-balance will be in bank account :lol:

Now it's a 5 weeks delivery time for the coilovers and 6 weeks for the wheels that need to come from the USA.

So pictures will follow in september.

DanRo

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
Looking forward to hearing what you think about the coilovers I've been looking at the same setup been looking at alloys but as yet only seen these that maybe will look good on my Z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are also nice wheels. I'm selling my 20" wheels now :

They are 9x20" (front) and 9,5x20" rear, both ET27

Wheels are like new : http://www.rimstyle.com/alloywheels...is-line_volt_gbpo&colour=gloss_black_polished

Price 850,- Euro (new price 1.700,- Euro)

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
So how much for the suspension?

If you want to say of course

Plecodoras

Reaction score
They are looking real neat Danny and with any luck you will have them fitted and a little learning before the Austria drive...
look forward to seeing them in action !!
:beer:

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
Just dont forget When you tune your suspension to do it with you in the car!

Well Done Danny

(i Love the rims. Last year When i was looking for mine, niche was my choice but the cost was so big that i kept the oem)

A

Anonymous

I like the KW stuff but im not sure the benefit will outweigh the cost, maybe on a 156 or 200 but I find the R's road setup very good, Peugeot Sport really did a good job on the standard suspension, and I wouldnt want to go any firmer, maybe if the car was tracked a lot but even then its not going to make a huge difference.

Anyway, give us some feedback once you have them fitted, prior to doing the wheels, or you may not get a true indication of how much change there is from swapping the suspention over.

DRTDVL

Reaction score
Personally going coilovers doesn't always mean firmer, the biggest benefit is being able to control the bump and rebound, I. E. How it assorbs bumps. You can have the car the same firmness spring wise but have much much better control over the bumps.

DanRo

Reaction score
I want to lower my RCZ R a little to get this look (see picture below). This is a photo shopped picture of an RCZ R. They lowered it and made the wheels look bigger (20").

But with most of the "standard" coilovers like KW V1, V2 and Bilstein B14 I would get the look but it would be less good suspension compared to the original R suspension. So with the KW Competition I have the look and I upgrade the suspension quality (even if its a lttle).

So with the KW Competition I get the total package.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks great DanRo :thumbup: those wheels really suit the Z. Doesn't look much lower though how much lower is it than standard?

DanRo

Reaction score
It's 15mm lower then standard.

We kept the original front/back weight distribution, but we balanced the cars weight left/right,
now the weight of the car is 50/50 between the left and the right side of the car (my weight included)

I tested the suspension in Austria and Switzerland while we where driving in the alps :dance:
It handles perfectly :thumbup:

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Unfortunately the link to the pic doesn't seem to open mate.